Black Poetry : An open letter:

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Amun-Ra, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Amun-Ra

Amun-Ra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    I apologize in advance for breaking page protocol, but I have so much to say and yet, so far, words have failed me. My pen leaks emotion, my paper is soggy and my heart is dizzy with loathing and sorrow. In the valley of my heart, the stream of humanity is filled with the blood and cries of the innocent and the injured. My lungs breathe the acrid air of inhumanity and I am choking on my own impotence, my inability to help, and my total helplessness. Blurred is my vision with concrete tears and quivering rage.

Yesterday, thousands of our fellow Americans lost their lives to blind fanaticism, vile hatred and the forces of evil that lives in the hearts of depraved and dishonorable men. Internal struggle and strife are part of a vital democratic republic and though we differ at times, though we may tussle and fight, and even though we may violently disagree—we are Americans all. The World Trade Center Towers have fallen in a horrific tomb of fire and ashes, but from those ashes, the true spirit of America will arise.

For those who delivered this disaster to our door, the time for repentance is done. The time for second thoughts, crashed to the earth along with the innocent workers in the World Trade Center Towers. Understand that the time for mind changing is done. It ended when the first aluminum touched glass and steel. It is too late to take it back, to ask for a second chance, to ask for mercy—time has run out.

We have been struck a terrible and deliberate blow, but we have not begun to fight. We are licking our wounds and soothing our souls, but we have not begun to fight. We are preparing to bury our dead, mourn our losses and praise our heroes, but we have not begun to fight. The dust has not settled and we have not begun to fight. The fires are still burning and we have not begun to fight. We haven’t even begun to begin. We have not begun to bring forth the brawny spirit that is America. No, we have not begun to fight—but—we are awake.

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    MY BRUTHA CROSS TOWN

THE FIRE STILL BURNS WITHIN OUR HEARTS
    YET WE NOT FIGHT
    WE STILL AIR SHOCKED
    YET WE NOT FIGHT
    BUT AS THE SMOKE CLEAR AND AMERICANS
    TAKE TO DA AIR OUR BOMBERS WILL BE A
    VICTORY

3. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Had to let it flow

Sometimes the words get in the way--I wish I could do something to help someone--Ra

:(

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Ra

I WISH THE SAME THANG!!!
    IF I COULD HELP ONE
    IF I COULD CAPTURED ONE KILLER
    IF I COULD JUST ONLY HELP
    BUT WHO AM I ....:(

5. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    The Worst Part

The worst part is the feeling of being unable to help--it seemslike i should be in New York City helping to lift, carry, feed or give comfort to those who are suffering or to those who are so courageously doing the dirty work.

Ra

6. dnommo

dnommo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher of English, Literature & Poetry
    Ratings:
    +15
    Ra,

i was on my way to NYC but they have requested no more help. FEMA is there and the Navy Hospital Ship COMFORT left Bethesda Maryland yesterday. They have the capabilities to serve 2000 patienst in war time situations. As much as America wants to help the best way is to give blood and prepare for the next phase. Although i amin Baltimore, I am minutes away from the National Security Agency and to know that the White House was an intended target hits too close to home. There have been some sites here that were also considered targets so althought he rest of the country is attempting to get back to normal, we here are still on high alert. Your prayers, giving of blood and if you can monetary contributions to the Red Cross would help more than anything.

One thing you can be certain of, this is far from over. For anyone who does not know, there are still 10 terrorists they cannot locate. This is one of the reasons why the FAA has not opened the airports just yet. They will open though but please be aware that there is still a threat in the U.S..

Ra, i think its time for a column...what do you think?

7. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks for the ideas

I gave blood yesterday--I was hoping for some hands on help--but I amtoo far away, so I will send money--D--it is past time for a column--I will be working on one this evening--Cindi--thanks for your thoughts and more importantly your concern for those who are in pain.

Ra

:heart:

8. dnommo

dnommo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher of English, Literature & Poetry
    Ratings:
    +15
    at this point...that's more than enough...

i truly understand how you feel for many like us wish we could be there to help...

9. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Went to Vigil

I went to a vigil last night and it was encouraging to see so many people of different persuasions there, filled with hope and uity. It makes one remember that ones own problems tend to be magnified simply because they are our own. I hesitate to say that any good comes of this but a sense of togetherness builds into a sense of family and finally into a sense of violation of that family. Said simply, we can fuss and fight with each other, but no one else can do it--that's family.

Amun-Ra

:)