Black Sports : An open letter to Gabby Douglas

nilevalley

PREMIUM MEMBER
Dec 18, 2014
http://colorismhealing.org/open-letter-gabby-douglas/

rs_634x926-160308123324-634.Gabby-Douglas-Olympic-Portraits.ms.030816.jpg

well written. showing love. were you making (am I missing) a point?

personally, I think too much was made of her seeming lack of support for Simone Biles...during those few captured moments, in Rio, when her mind was obviously somewhere else. all the other times, she was as enthusiastic as everyone else. We don't know what was on her mind. so, to say that she wasn't being supportive, would be conjecture on our part. During the 2012 Olympics, it was all about her hair (negativity. So, yes, it was a good letter. I'm okay with it.

well written. showing love. were you making (am I missing) a point?

personally, I think too much was made of her seeming lack of support for Simone Biles...during those few captured moments, in Rio, when her mind was obviously somewhere else. all the other times, she was as enthusiastic as everyone else. We don't know what was on her mind. so, to say that she wasn't being supportive, would be conjecture on our part. During the 2012 Olympics, it was all about her hair (negativity. So, yes, it was a good letter. I'm okay with it.
It's gone beyond 2012. Negativity still rages around Gabby Douglas. But listen and read how Roland Martin came to her defense. It's amazing we have a young lady who has entered into a field of Olympic sports competition very few black women have tread. Won Olympic medals for her achievement and black people still fuss and find fault with this talent girl. If they gave out gold medals for self black hate. And if you could put them all in a pile it probably would go higher than Mount Everest.
http://newsone.com/3509575/shut-the-hell-up-about-gabby-douglas-hair-roland-martin-says/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back