An open letter to Destee

juj

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 12, 2004
Please could you explain to me what exactly it is about my posting style or content that is making you close threads that I post in.

I understand that you don't have to explain and that you reserve the right to close any thread, and that ultimately you don't even care how it looks, or how it makes the person you're censoring feel, but at least, before I leave this delicate community behind, at least could you explain WHY?

I was under the impression that this is a community for black people to speak about pertinent issues - freely, without censorship.

I am not preaching hate, or anything that would be a hinderance to people, so why after just 9 or 10 posts do I find myself in the unenviable position of watching any thread I touch marked closed?

Is it because what I am saying is perhaps too true even for this site that propounds about encouraging, embracing and teaching?

I have to ask myself what exactly it is you are teaching people.

Now, I'd be very grateful if you prove my instincts wrong and allow this and any other thread that I contribute to to stand.

Juj ... what makes you think it is all about you?

I explained, to a small degree, in the "White Devil" thread why i closed it. In addition to what i posted, i've received complaints from Members regarding it, and folk were beginning to attack others personally.

The other thread, "Satan Dwells Within You," had begun to do much of the same as the above, becoming more negative than positive. The closing of it was not about you either.

It's just a coincidence that those are the only two discussions, besides this one, that you chose to participate in.

I cannot promise that another thread you contribute to, won't eventually get closed, but as it stands, this one can remain.

If you have any other questions, i'm right here.

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Juj ... what makes you think it is all about you?

I explained, to a small degree, in the "White Devil" thread why i closed it. In addition to what i posted, i've received complaints from Members regarding it, and folk were beginning to attack others personally.

The other thread had begun to do much of the same as the above, becoming more negative than positive. The closing of it was not about you either.

It's just a coincidence that those are the only two discussions, besides this one, that you chose to participate in.

I cannot promise that another thread you contribute to, won't eventually get closed, but as it stands, this one can remain.

If you have any other questions, i'm right here.

Destee

If you closed those threads because of childish individuals and if you accept that I was not at fault then you should have no qualms about me opening a thread along those lines or reposting some of my comments.

After all, you are the moderator and you do have powers to send people personal messages keeping them in line.

Taking the drastic action of closing a thread in mid flow is surely not necessary.

Juj ... i would appreciate it if you did not start a new thread(s) surrounding the devil, evil, the dark side, etc. Right now i'm just not feeling the negative energy that those discussions have the potential to bring.

In addition, i could have done several things to try and stem the tide of disrespect and personal attacks being hurled around in one or both of those threads, but i chose to do what i did. While i'm sure you could have handled it better, it was my decision to make ... and it's hardly what i'd consider drastic.

If you have any more questions, i'm right here.

Destee

Destee said:
Juj ... i would appreciate it if you did not start a new thread(s) surrounding the devil, evil, the dark side, etc. Right now i'm just not feeling the negative energy that those discussions have the potential to bring.

In addition, i could have done several things to try and stem the tide of disrespect and personal attacks being hurled around in one or both of those threads, but i chose to do what i did. While i'm sure you could have handled it better, it was my decision to make ... and it's hardly what i'd consider drastic.

If you have any more questions, i'm right here.

Destee

I'm disappointed.

I was sure my search for an open minded, truly free message board for black people was this one. Instead I get personally attacked, and the owner comes down on me suppressing my words.

Typical.

:bawling:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back