Black People : An interesting choice, what of you?

Velocity

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 22, 2004
From the movie Troy:

Thetis: If you stay here, with me, with your family, you'll have a long, peaceful life. You'll marry, you'll have children, and your children will have children. They'll love you, and when you're gone they'll remember you. But when your children are dead, and their children after them, your name will be lost.

If you go to Troy, no one will earn more glory than you. Men will tell stories of your victories for thousands of years. The world will remember your name.

But if you go to Troy, you'll never come home. You'll die there.

Achilles: And you know this, mother?

Thetis: I know it.

Is there a time for sacrifice, a time to die because of the following glory and change for the best for the many or is all about self preservation?

:pc:

I know that's right Keita and I feel what you saying :D

But is there anything that merits the death of one's life, something that is worth dying for if it would make a great difference and greatly benefit many. I think MLK and Malcome X made a choice like this. Is it fair to expect people who find themselves in the cross hairs of haters to take social, political issues to the point of being killed for the better good? :pc:

Even though they both died or was assassinated, I do not for one minute think that either one knew or thought that their death would have any real impact or meaning. Their convictions were so strong that they simply became martyrs for their own convictions.

Very few people have been in the position of "KNOWINGLY" being able to say; "MY DEATH WILL CHANGE THE WORLD OR THE WAY PEOPLE THINK".

While it may be true that "the right man in the right place at the right time" can change the face of history...that "right man in the right place at the right time" is the only one that doesn't see or know it at that time.

Only those who stand back from the picture and have the insight and world knowledge are able to not only see it, but know who that right man or woman could possibly be, as well as the impact they potentially may have.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back