Black Spirituality Religion : An esoteric guide to visiting London

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Alexandra, May 10, 2009.

1. Alexandra

Alexandra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +180
    I spent the day in London doing this occult tour, and thought I would update it for the convenience of future occult tourists.

The quoted text denotes the original article.

An esoteric guide to visiting London

By Feòrag NicBhrìde

Part 1

I spent about 6hours, and about 2hrs of those were spent either trekking to the shop, or asking for directions. I cannot stress this enough, wear comfortable shoes. Most of these shops are located in back alley ways, or little out of the way roads that were built with horse carriages in mind. So unless you possess a sturdy pair of hooves, I suggest you wear comfortable shoes. Also, when asking for directions, start off by ascertaining that they live in the area. I learnt this the hard way, but on the upside, I now know how to say 'I don't speak English', 'I am not from here' and 'I am warning you, I will call the Police if you don't leave me alone' in about 5 languages.

2. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    Part 2

Update - This shop closed down a few years ago.

3. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    Part 3

On Museum street, you will see the British Museum on the right. Resist the temptation to go inside because you need about 7hrs to fully appreciate the pillfered African and Asian treasures. Some occultists have been known to surreptisiously do rituals infront of the Egyptian dieties. If you decide to do this, the best time according to Bobby Hemmitt, is early in the morning when the magnetism has not dispersed and the statues will surely be flashing, or glowing more strongly then.

Anyway, the Atlantis Bookshop is amazing. Has a wide range of both rare and current books dealing with all sorts of esoteric subjects. Has a small selection of Egyptian statues. I was able to purchase the long sought after Aleister Crowley Thoth deck, which everyone swears is eerily accurate. I wish I had been possession of this deck before visiting the shop, then it could have warned me about the prices. Expect to spend about £50-100 on 2 to 3 books.

[​IMG]

4. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    Part 3

The shop on Bury Place didn't last too long either.

5. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    Part 4
    I was disappointed to find this shop was now a construction site. Not sure I found the Sicilian Avenue to be that spectacular either.

6. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    Part 5

You cannot miss this huge, and I mean great, big, imposing building on the right. There was some sort of ceremony going on because all these wrinkly, old white men in black suits were walking and I would have taken a photograph, but didn't want to draw attention to myself just incase they were running low on Pineal glands. Sure I could have outrun those geriatrics, but I decided to go my merry way.

[​IMG]

7. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    Part 6

When you turn right on Endell Street, keep walking all the way down (at some point, you will see the Buddha on a Bicycle shop which was formerly known as New World Aurora) The Neal's Yard shop is worth a visit for local occultists, if you are interested in stocking up on dry herbs.

[​IMG]

8. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    Part 7
    No different to any other New Age shop in my opinion. Thy do have a range of Indian diety statues such as Shiva, Ganesh but you could pick these up in Camden Market. The over-priced items (£80 for a feather; the kind used during smudging.), small and cramped interior with no air conditioning make this one shop not worth visiting.

9. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    Part 8

The Dover Bookshop is still there, and unusual in that the books are mostly illustration books, rather than text books. If you work with sigil magick, this is a good place to purchase books with symbols, etc.

10. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    Part 9

This is a good description, and from an Black persepctive, it was the only shop that stocks the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot deck, as well as lots of books on the Orishas, and Voudon. I bought a few general books, with my favourite one being 'Mama Lola, a Voudon Priestess in Brooklyn' - A must read.

[​IMG]