Black Spirituality Religion : An ATR perception

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Music Producer, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
  2. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
  3. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    You must be fishing again.

Please prove to me, or anyone else for that matter, that ATR's as they currently exist in the Diaspora, are not Authentic.

If you cannot do this, then I would have to conclude you are being divisive.

4. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    Good articles but what are your reasons for posting this?

5. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    If you see a dope dealer in your community and you do nothing about it you have denounce your obligations to ATR. If you don’t know the first and last name of everyone on your street, you have denounced your obligations to ATR.

From reading the web pages that come from Africans in Africa practicing ATR one can see it is a tribal and community based relations religion. True ATR cannot be practiced as an individual.

Read that last web page that I posted, it pretty much informs you of the necessaries of ATR. Read the prayer of peace of an ATR, it makes direct references to the land and how one has to be intergraded and linked to that land.

Would you be able to recite that exact same prayer knowing that you would be referring to America?

Now do you see the problem with African Americans approaching ATR the same way a home born Africa would?

6. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    The stupidity never ends!

I believe this is what is called the straw man arguement. How do you know intiates are NOT doing anything about it?

Really, and what if the street is 2 miles long? How ridiculous. You fail to see how propersterous this is.

and you say this to say what? Vodun and the Oracle of Ifa exist in Haiti, Cuba and the U.S. are you telling me their initiates are faking it? That these temples and shrines are not even consecrated?

How do you explain the fact the African Americans are not only being initiated into these religions, by continental Africans I might add, but have also become Babolawos?

How do you square the fact that enslaved Africans were forbidden to pray to their Gods on the plantation, and were often punished by death for doing so.

Now if the slave master recognizes these religions as African, how could they be anything otherwise. Why would the white man prohibit them if he didn't recognize them as real.

The websites you're reading are not giving you the whole picture. so here is one I think you need to take a look at. http://www.mamiwata.com/history1.html

I have, and it hasn't DISPROVEN one single thing I've said. Not one.

What is obvious is that you have an obsession with trying to try to prove your religion is the most valid.

Your last two questions are indicative of a person who has had absolutely NO experience with ATR's. I dare say you've never been to a ritual, not a single one, have you.

But then again, I see precisely what your tryng to do.

You and you alone know the Truth. We're all being led astray. This is the common denomenator in all your threads are about.

Africans in America are being misguided because they are not following YOUR interpretation of what YOUR god says they should do, correct.

All these black folk in the U.S. becoming Initiates and honoring their Egungun and Orishas, have turned their back on YOUR god.

Those poor little polytheists, right?

Your trying to push buttons by attempting to discredit others, comes off as nothing but a dirty little trick by someone who hasn't done their homework.

:haha: Yea, ok.

7. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    this reminds me of a quote:

"Whether we are Christians or Muslims or nationalists or agnostics or atheists, we must first learn to forget our differences. If we have differences, let us differ in the closet; when we come out in front, let us not have anything to argue about until we get finished arguing with the man.”

--The Ballot or the Bullet by Malcolm X, April 3, 1964, Cleveland, Ohio

8. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

True indeed.

9. Khonsu

Khonsu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Hotep Hau

Hummmmmmmmmm look like the table are truning .
    Like they say TRUTH always fine away to come out .

10. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    When I go to Waset every week for our unions, we always open with libations and we greet everyone and call the name of "whatever" their belief in the Creator may be. This we do for good reason. We understand that as it relates to our people, Our Oppressor doesn't care what you believe in or call your God/Goddess. When they come for you they don't ask you if you're a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist or anything else.

We therefore regardless of of our internal conceptions of the Divine, have an external reality that effects us all...and if our conception of the Divine regardless of how we peceive it has within it anything pertaining to truth and justice, then we collectively have an issue outside of ourselves to deal with.