Black People : Amerikkkan Airlines Has Brother Arrested For Boarding Plane With "Baggy/Sagged Pants"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Chinelo, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    A brother can't even sneeze without being targeted in some way,shape or form.....here we have a brother that was in grief following a funeral of his friend,and just being a upstanding 'citizen" for whatever thats worth, boarding a plane to head home, he's a incoming safety at new mexico, for whatever thats worth, and yet he was targeted in this fashion.....this is a perfect example as to how they constantly will profile brothers, and use any and everything to imprison you......smh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the story: [​IMG]

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...-safety-hauled-off-plane-boo?urn=ncaaf-wp2673

The Transportation Security Administration identifies many, many official threats to our skies, from contact lens solution to gel shoe inserts to throwing stars. Even in the wake of the "Underwear Bomber," though, boxer shorts have been considered generally safe — unless, that is, as New Mexico safety Deshon Marman discovered Wednesday at San Francisco International Airport, airline personnel can see a little bit too much of them:

On Wednesday, San Francisco police got a call about 9 a.m. that someone was exposing himself outside a US Airways gate, Sgt. Michael Rodriguez said.

An airline employee spotted Marman before he boarded Flight 488, bound for Albuquerque, and complained that Marman's pants "were below his buttocks but above the knees, and that much of his boxer shorts were exposed," Rodriguez said.

The employee asked Marman to pull up his pants before he boarded the plane, but he refused, Rodriguez said. Marman allegedly repeated his refusal after taking his seat on the plane.

"At that point he was asked to leave the plane," Rodriguez said. "It took 15 to 20 minutes of talking to get him to leave the plane, and he was arrested for trespassing." Marman allegedly resisted officers as he was being led away.
    Rodriguez told a local TV station that the 5-foot-11, 195-pound Marman, 20, "was not threatening anybody directly," but the airline's dress code forbids "indecent exposure or inappropriate" attire, and "being disruptive" in any fashion once on the plane may interfere with the crew. He was charged with trespassing, battery and resisting arrest, and was being held on $11,000 bail ahead of a scheduled arraignment Thursday afternoon.

Marman's mother told the San Francisco Chronicle that her son was in "an emotionally raw state" after attending the funeral of a recently murdered high school friend on Tuesday, and was targeted by authorities "because of the way he looks - young black man with dreads and baggy pants." She also said that Marman, an incoming juco transfer to New Mexico from the City College of San Francisco, hoped to honor his friend's memory by making it to the NFL. She called him "a good kid trying to make it, and he's going through a lot. And then this happens." For what it's worth, his official New Mexico bio describes Marman as a "true leader with a winning mentality."

Thus ends the initial account of one of the dumbest incidents ever recorded on this site, which is saying a lot. There's plenty to go around. There's Marman, wearing a potentially provocative outfit in a very public place and (allegedly) defying people with the authority to haul him off a plane and into a cell over something as trivial as his pants.

There's security, seemingly creating a very real problem with significant consequences from an exceedingly small or nonexistent problem that presented no real threat and could have been prevented much earlier. There's the predictable cesspool of racist comments beneath the story everywhere else it appears Thursday morning on the web.

Personally, I feel a little dumber for having spent a portion of my morning on it, and for actually feeling compelled to offer this parting advice, applicable to any situation you can possibly encounter in life: When in doubt, always pull your pants up.

MA'AT

2. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    He could of just pulled his daaaaam pants up. Personally i am tired of this crap with the but crack showing etc. We are out ythere looking like idiots. i have no sympathy for dude.

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    So he refused, as a grown man to pull his pants up over his hindparts?

Are you aware of how many African, Asian and Caribbean Airlines do not put up with childish
    behavior like grown men entering a plane with women and children using fowl language, or coming on with their belt under their
    left and right buttocks

seems like the more folks rail against white supremacy, they desire the anti-dignity, nihilistic culture of the opressor deeper and deeper on a subconscious level,
    as though we have forgotten the pride dignity and body covering of pre islamic, christian, traditional African attire

4. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I personally do not like this form of expression, style or whatever it's called today of pants almost down to the knees. None of my children are allowed to wear them like that, and I have put my foot down a couple times.
    But at the same time, like the "war on drugs", I wonder who exactly this crack down is aimed at.

edit: replaced missing word in sentence.

5. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +877
    This illumes the lack of honor held for our ancestors, living and passed on...where's our dignity and pride? Lord knows I've had some battles with this type of personal expression, as I don't condone it. What is also missing from this picture is a little wisdom. Why allow pants below your buttocks to cause all of this, what statement are you making anyway?

6. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    airline's dress code forbids "indecent exposure or inappropriate" attire, and "being disruptive

Why do some people think that rules don't apply to them? The airline dress code was written well before this man ever borded that airplane and were written without any consideration for the "emotional state" of the individual who may be in violation of the code. Nobody wants to be exposed to his "indecent exposure."

That reminds me of idiots who pull up to a business with their music blarring then leaves it blarring while they go into the store as if they have taken it upon themselves to be the self-appointed provider of entertainment for the world within earshot of their car. They have no consideration for others, usually the music has vulgar and disrespectful language.

Even good kids, trying to make it, going through a lot, have to obey rules. That is ESPECIALLY true in the commercial airline industry. You can JOKE about violating airline rules and be arrested for it.

7. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Would this be the same people that make the rules/laws, then break them?
    Tell 'ya what. Write the government and tell them that as well, and not just blacks. While you're at it, do the same to the police departments too.
    As I said, I'm not a fan of this style nowadays, but I am suspicious of the reasoning behind this rule/law.

8. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +877
    Putting aside their underlying motives for a moment...it is quite understandble why a dress code would be in place...money is the bottomline for any business, and keeping your clients happy is the bridge to financial success. Sagging your pants below your buttocks with your underwear showing is insulting and just plain uncomfortable to many folks..I don't want to have to wait in line behind anyone dressed as such, passing each other in tight quarters of a plane and possibly touching that part of his being...and I can only imagine how an Elder would feel having to be exposed to that type of dressing:eek:

9. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    I will let you do the writing to the government and police departments. The reasoning behind indecent exposure rules and dress codes are because some folks don't have sense enough to be considerate of others....like those idiots that I mentioned who blast their music while they are not even there to hear it...it's folks like that who cause new laws and rules to be written.

10. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    :rolleyes:...Some of these Integrationist white lovin black folks are not getting the bigger picture behind this, and how disturbing and racist this really is and was.....i'll check in later, and drop the REAL knowledge.....i should've known full speed would drop by and "devil" advocate....:D

MA'AT