Black Education / Schools : American Students Aren't Learning The Full Truth About Slavery

I do not think there should be any limitations on what the student is taught in any subject. Expecially history and math.

The history of slavery should be taught for Black and white students to understand.

I read my grandsons social studies book and slaves were described as integrating to the US for jobs. Summed up slavery in 2 paragraphs.

The student that is not taught his history, at home or school, will be lost as he grows in this US. His history is a part of who he is.
This Black student, who does not know his history, may think white superiority is normal and acceptable. Will accept that his inferiority.

Many of our kids and young adults do not know their history and have no interest in learning.
Some don’t even know the history of the Civil Right Movement.

So these students, who don’t know their history, go on to college, and one day wants to write a paper on a topic related to Black History.
Since they were never taught Black History they drawing mental blanks.

TEACH EVERYTHING

I do not think there should be any limitations on what the student is taught in any subject. Expecially history and math.

The history of slavery should be taught for Black and white students to understand.

I read my grandsons social studies book and slaves were described as integrating to the US for jobs. Summed up slavery in 2 paragraphs.

The student that is not taught his history, at home or school, will be lost as he grows in this US. His history is a part of who he is.
This Black student, who does not know his history, may think white superiority is normal and acceptable. Will accept that his inferiority.

Many of our kids and young adults do not know their history and have no interest in learning.
Some don’t even know the history of the Civil Right Movement.

So these students, who don’t know their history, go on to college, and one day wants to write a paper on a topic related to Black History.
Since they were never taught Black History they drawing mental blanks.

TEACH EVERYTHING

Well said IFE, well put indeed.

Big props for passing along this very appreciated and quite welcomed overview of the evolution of American capitalism with all of us!!!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back