Black Education / Schools : American Students Aren't Learning The Full Truth About Slavery

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
I am not sure it is wise to try and teach the truth about slavery to today's youth in school. I remember the effect Roots had on all schools in New Orleans. Black youth and teenagers jumped on white kids and gave teachers hell for a few weeks.
Ouch!

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
I do not think there should be any limitations on what the student is taught in any subject. Expecially history and math.

The history of slavery should be taught for Black and white students to understand.

I read my grandsons social studies book and slaves were described as integrating to the US for jobs. Summed up slavery in 2 paragraphs.

The student that is not taught his history, at home or school, will be lost as he grows in this US. His history is a part of who he is.
This Black student, who does not know his history, may think white superiority is normal and acceptable. Will accept that his inferiority.

Many of our kids and young adults do not know their history and have no interest in learning.
Some don’t even know the history of the Civil Right Movement.

So these students, who don’t know their history, go on to college, and one day wants to write a paper on a topic related to Black History.
Since they were never taught Black History they drawing mental blanks.

TEACH EVERYTHING

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I do not think there should be any limitations on what the student is taught in any subject. Expecially history and math.

The history of slavery should be taught for Black and white students to understand.

I read my grandsons social studies book and slaves were described as integrating to the US for jobs. Summed up slavery in 2 paragraphs.

The student that is not taught his history, at home or school, will be lost as he grows in this US. His history is a part of who he is.
This Black student, who does not know his history, may think white superiority is normal and acceptable. Will accept that his inferiority.

Many of our kids and young adults do not know their history and have no interest in learning.
Some don’t even know the history of the Civil Right Movement.

So these students, who don’t know their history, go on to college, and one day wants to write a paper on a topic related to Black History.
Since they were never taught Black History they drawing mental blanks.

TEACH EVERYTHING

Well said IFE, well put indeed.

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Big props for passing along this very appreciated and quite welcomed overview of the evolution of American capitalism with all of us!!!!!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.