Black Education / Schools : American Students Aren't Learning The Full Truth About Slavery

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
I am not sure it is wise to try and teach the truth about slavery to today's youth in school. I remember the effect Roots had on all schools in New Orleans. Black youth and teenagers jumped on white kids and gave teachers hell for a few weeks.
Ouch!

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
I do not think there should be any limitations on what the student is taught in any subject. Expecially history and math.

The history of slavery should be taught for Black and white students to understand.

I read my grandsons social studies book and slaves were described as integrating to the US for jobs. Summed up slavery in 2 paragraphs.

The student that is not taught his history, at home or school, will be lost as he grows in this US. His history is a part of who he is.
This Black student, who does not know his history, may think white superiority is normal and acceptable. Will accept that his inferiority.

Many of our kids and young adults do not know their history and have no interest in learning.
Some don’t even know the history of the Civil Right Movement.

So these students, who don’t know their history, go on to college, and one day wants to write a paper on a topic related to Black History.
Since they were never taught Black History they drawing mental blanks.

TEACH EVERYTHING

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I do not think there should be any limitations on what the student is taught in any subject. Expecially history and math.

The history of slavery should be taught for Black and white students to understand.

I read my grandsons social studies book and slaves were described as integrating to the US for jobs. Summed up slavery in 2 paragraphs.

The student that is not taught his history, at home or school, will be lost as he grows in this US. His history is a part of who he is.
This Black student, who does not know his history, may think white superiority is normal and acceptable. Will accept that his inferiority.

Many of our kids and young adults do not know their history and have no interest in learning.
Some don’t even know the history of the Civil Right Movement.

So these students, who don’t know their history, go on to college, and one day wants to write a paper on a topic related to Black History.
Since they were never taught Black History they drawing mental blanks.

TEACH EVERYTHING

Well said IFE, well put indeed.

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Big props for passing along this very appreciated and quite welcomed overview of the evolution of American capitalism with all of us!!!!!

umbrarchist

Jun 13, 2007
The annoying conclusion I have come to over the years is that I have a lower opinion of CONSUMERISM than I do of Slavery.

It is not motivated with whips and chains but ultimately more destructive combined with the stupid use of technology. I walk down the street and have Black men yelling "Squares, squares!" at me. I don't smoke but my sister died of that crap.

It is half-a-century since the Moon landing and I have not been to an auto show since before then. People who can't explain how a car works Love the junk.

Try getting an economist to tell you the total amount that Americans lose on the depreciation of that garbage every year.

https://www.trustedchoice.com/insurance-articles/wheels-wings-motors/car-depreciation/

Orisons

Jan 14, 2005
London in the United Kingdom
Occupation
Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
https://youtu.be/ItHbLahuPBw

[QUOTE="Clyde C Coger Jr, post: 998729, member: 12718"...
All I can do is :facepalm:

American Students Aren't Learning The Full Truth About Slavery

Rebecca Klein

HuffPost

... American students are being taught an inadequate and often sanitized version of history when it comes to slavery, according to a new report.
The report, from the Southern Poverty Law Center, looks at how slavery is presented in K-12 classrooms and found that students are often taught a deeply incomplete version of events ...

/QUOTE] AND?

P
EOPLE wouldn’t a very doable starting point of the African Renaissance in the 21st century be having all of our Schools, especially in the African Diaspora and Africa itself actually utilizing a truthfully updated Afro-centric History curriculum [should have been the first thing addressed and constructed post the political independence of our countries 40 – 60 years ago, STILL isn’t even thought about as opposed to being put in place TODAY] in history itself [based on the works of Che Ante Diop, Dr Henrik Clark, Asa G Hilliard III, Dr Ivan van Sertima and the still alive Anthony T Browder] including its natural seepage in Geography and various other subjects so as to purge the Euro-centric GARBAGE still poisoning both our individual and collective knowledge base?

Hasn’t the so dated Euro-centric GARBAGE that has been so very very efficiently stunting both our spiritual and intellectual development got to be binned, in that why continue to allow our people generally, youth specifically to be poisoned by dated Euro-centric DRIVEL as spectacularly exemplified by our people still being misinformed, aren’t they, that Christopher Columbus was anything other than the first white European to cross the Atlantic [were the Vikings but their north American settlement failed], when as so very very spectacularly highlighted by the 17 Olmec Heads unearthed to date, Africans were going backwards and forward across the Atlantic nearly 3 millennia before Christopher Columbus was born?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

bientempo

Oct 11, 2009
Dominican Republic
On the other hand as someone who does not live in the USA I have a hard time understanding the problem people are having with your founding fathers an wanting to remove history. This would be like Dominicans wanting to tear down statues and painting of Duarte, Sanchez, and Mella

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=12043

https://www.thecollegefix.com/high-school-may-erase-george-washington-murals-traumatizes-students/

agreed yes they were for the most part slave owners. on the other hand without them you might still be a part of Britain or a piece of Canada. Their writing of your constitution was really unique to the world at that time, and still is.
I have trouble believing that the students are so traumatized by the statues and paintings.
I would guess that they don't have a problem using money which has pictures of your presidents.

THANKS TO DESTEE FOR RESTORING MY FLAG!!!

Fireman

May 19, 2017
Well we wanted integrated schools (which are now more segregated than ever). But what we didn't get was an integrated curriculum. We still were taught history based on a white racist view. And we were so ignorant of our own history that we thought that we through those lies made us as smart as the whites. But it was the reverse.

Last edited:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly