Black Spirituality Religion : American Jesus-Bad Religion

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Goddess Auset333, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    http://www.autolyrics.com/lyrics/for/American_Jesus/by/Bad_Religion

i don't need to be a global citizen
    because i'm blessed by nationality
    i'm member of a growing populace
    we enforce our popularity
    there are things that
    seem to pull us under
    and there are things
    that drag us down
    but there's a power
    and a vital presence
    thats lurking all around
    we've got the american Jesus
    see him on the interstate
    he helped build the
    president's estate
    i feel sorry
    for the earth's population
    'cuz so few
    live in the U.S.A.
    at least the foreigners
    can copy our morality
    they can visit but they cannot stay
    only precious few
    can garner the prosperity
    it makes us walk
    with renewed confidence
    we've got a place to go when we die
    and the architect resides right here
    overwhelming millions every day
    (exercising his authority)
    he's the farmers barren fields
    the force the army wields
    the expession in the faces
    of the starving children
    the power of the man
    he's the fuel that drives the clan
    he's the motive and conscience
    of the murderer
    he's the preacher on t.v.
    the false sincerity
    the form letter that's written
    by the big computers
    he's the nuclear bombs
    and the kids with no moms
    and i'm fearful that
    he's inside me

2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I can understand this, but if you believe in and have faith toward the Son of the Father, He who isn't "American Jesus", but a King of Israel, a Savior to His people for His sacrifice for our iniquity on the tree and His resurrection from the dead the 3rd day, you can be of more help that you'd think possible to others of the earth who suffer at the hands of selfish men.

He's our salvation, and trusting in the Father will bring us to light of this.

3. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    I agree there is no american Jesus just like there has never been a Jesus king of Israel. As a matter of fact the letter 'J' didn't even exist until 500 years after the supposed death of this Jesus. The name should have been Yashua if any.

You know I've never really understood why people say there is power in the name of Jesus when that wasn't even this characters real name. How can their be power in a name that didn't even exist when he was supposedly alive? That's like me trying to get this persons attention but he/she never looks up because I'm not calling out his name. His name is George and I'm calling him Natasha. I mean if someone was trying to get in contact with me calling me the wrong name I wouldn't even think to listen. As a matter of fact I might tell him to get away from me that worker of iniquity for I know you not - and you can't possible know me because you don't even know the very first thing you should know about me which is my actual name.

So then how is there power in a name that was not the name of the figure being worshiped as the son of god? It would seem that if there is power in the name of the son of god then that power would be invested in his real name. I don't ever remember reading where he command people to change his name in order to get some power. Should the actually power be in the name Yashua verses Iesous/Jesus? I mean Iesous is the name of the fertility goddess from the ancient Greek city called Iesous (the land of fish - the symbol of Jesus). So this power that people are feeling is it from this greek goddess called Iesous because it can't be from them calling out Yashua which they don't do?

I mean I'm seriously asking a question - just curious as to how this can be justified and why would the son of god justify this?

4. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    this is a question never answered on this site brother...

one love
    khasm

5. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Yes this link will fizzle away like all the others because this basic most simplistic question has no justifiable answer that can be given. To answer this question would be to give but one of two answer.

1.) They are calling out the name of something that is not the son of god and its giving them power

2.) There is really no power in the name of Jesus because Jesus is not the son of god; Yashua is.

They can't say that Jesus and Yashua is one and the same. That can't be so because Yashua never authorized no where in the scriptures that people should call him Jesus. They can't but there were nicknames that he was giving in the scripture such as Messiah, Son of God, and names given to him that were stolen from King Solomon like Prince of Peace, Mighty Counselor.. etc ... but no where was he called Jesus.

6. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    We all possess the power. We don't need a third party. How does one pray to god when we are gods? Learn to appreciate your divinity and it will appreciate you.

7. krest509

krest509 Active Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +14
    Correct me if I am wrong

The name jesus has no connection to yashua. Jesus is a dual deity a manisfestation from jah and zeus. Bring to the culture together ending conflict. Jehovah yahuwa/yahweh coming from mesopotamia or babylon and zeus coming from greek hellenistic belief system and pass down to the romans but has its origin in the great nile.

You're correct greek word ie sous a rendition of the hebrew yeshua this name came about around 3rd century bce its etymology is the collaboration of many different names titles words that can be lead back to its origin. Greek did not have equivalent words to the hebrew letters yud hav wav ha yahweh or yah

Doesn't iesous means son of zeus? To my understanding greeks did not give up the deity to pray to the hrbrew god. They combined the two deitys together which who we call on today-jesus

Please shed some light if I am wrong beloved

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

Partially true, Jesus is the greek concoction of the hebrew name, Yashua. The aramaic same name is Eashoa. There has always been a paradigm issue involved in the nexus.