Black People Politics : American blacks don't know what politics is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfection

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 21, 2012
At the front end, may I qualify my comments. When I speak of American blacks, I speak more so of those who, degreed or not, actually think they know politics. And a key identifier of these are those who speak as if the American political system works for black people as it does for non-black people.

One of the saddest sights to see besides how black people treat our women, is how many of us, as a collective, continue to have faith in a political system which has rules embedded in it ensuring misery, pain and suffering for those who are melanated.

Black people talking about which candidate is better for black people? Sickening.

Throwing out names of presidential candidates as if these candidates are serious about bettering the conditions of black people when all of the evidence--including history and their own daily realities--clearly demonstrates otherwise.

It's like when the presidential election emerges, we all of a sudden forget about our daily realities. Like our black male jobless rates in 2016 are far worse than the collective during the Great Depression of 1929. That jobless rate didn't just start during the presidential race.

None of your candidates fixed this before they were running.

Or, what about our Queens being murdered in these racist holdover cells? They telling you and me these women with great futures decided to end their lives in the custody of racists? How does that even make sense?

Which of your candidates were talking about fixing this before the presidential race?

And yet, every four years--without fail--since you and me and our ancestors have been chained here, you know deep in your heart ain't nothing changed for us.

You frontin...you scared to admit the reality: we are {still} slaves, frightened slaves at that, who pretends as if our vote counts for our liberation.

You don't know what politics is.

Hardly anyone can successfully refute the set of facts you've laid out, as dismal as they may be; however, we did achieve breakthrough with Mr. Obama, and perhaps because of that fact, others will continue to step up, face the music, thus changing the political landscape in our favor ... At present, its the only system we have and must engage in ... hence we now have, among others, the Black Lives Matter movement(s).

At the front end, may I qualify my comments. When I speak of American blacks, I speak more so of those who, degreed or not, actually think they know politics. And a key identifier of these are those who speak as if the American political system works for black people as it does for non-black people.

One of the saddest sights to see besides how black people treat our women, is how many of us, as a collective, continue to have faith in a political system which has rules embedded in it ensuring misery, pain and suffering for those who are melanated.

Black people talking about which candidate is better for black people? Sickening.

Throwing out names of presidential candidates as if these candidates are serious about bettering the conditions of black people when all of the evidence--including history and their own daily realities--clearly demonstrates otherwise.

It's like when the presidential election emerges, we all of a sudden forget about our daily realities. Like our black male jobless rates in 2016 are far worse than the collective during the Great Depression of 1929. That jobless rate didn't just start during the presidential race.

None of your candidates fixed this before they were running.

Or, what about our Queens being murdered in these racist holdover cells? They telling you and me these women with great futures decided to end their lives in the custody of racists? How does that even make sense?

Which of your candidates were talking about fixing this before the presidential race?

And yet, every four years--without fail--since you and me and our ancestors have been chained here, you know deep in your heart ain't nothing changed for us.

You frontin...you scared to admit the reality: we are {still} slaves, frightened slaves at that, who pretends as if our vote counts for our liberation.

You don't know what politics is.

Last edited:

Brother Perfection
I agree what you stated in your post. The thread title:
American blacks don't know what politics is
Lead my mind to something I get called on by a few Brothers, who believe and say "F" the system, working the system, learning the system, I'm not participating in the white mans game, ( WHERE YOU REAL PLAYERS AT! ) and how to navigate thru the system, utilizing the system and the available loop holes "OH YES THEIR ARE HOLES" and playing the game is key. That many non-melanin individuals use everyday and get, appear to have, and will continue to have and manipulate to their advantage.
" UNTIL WE TOO BECOME ENGAGED."

Question my BLACKNESS.. Those "F"'s I am doing good, i work this mother as humanly possible and give the rest up to GOD, who will fight for my blessings. I am blessed and I work this mother HARD... and as much as one individual possibly can. They come after (ME) break me down, tear me down some many times. I don't count how much anymore. They come to get YA! For knowing, showing, and doing and coming up. But, i have no fear and ready for a fight. Getting weak sometimes, but never down and out. They blink and I'm LARGER!

It's like when the presidential election emerges, we all of a sudden forget about our daily realities.
Like our black male jobless rates in 2016 are far worse than the collective during the Great Depression of 1929. That jobless rate didn't just start during the presidential race.

It's that game again. Not the one we should be playing. This election game turns off more people to the other aspects of democracy.

If you say... come out to vote. Folks don't because who are they, to tell us when and where to go.
Show me your papers. Many are turned away at the polls. Those even those half asleep know it must be election day.
Throwing out names of presidential candidates as if these candidates are serious about bettering the conditions
You know me they say like a good interviewer for a job. I'm your selected politician.

The distraction of individuals time, that elections, a few holidays take up.. and sports consume.
Real concrete issues never addressed. It is a time for the same push button winners, gun control, abortion is almost out of the race. The Republicans have succeeded in closing all but a few clinics.
Here are your kings / now queens to consider. We the court of Delegates will be the only ones invited and voting. Watch us from your set top boxes. Waving flags of divide. Date placed on the calendar, when your turn comes to be corralled.
Sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back