Black People : AMERICAN BLACKOUT

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Desert Storm, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Desert Storm

Desert Storm Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +31
    Greetings, Destee Family

I just wanted to pass this movie on to you guys that I checked out from the junior college library.

It's pretty good. It's called AMERICAN BLACKOUT, detailing the "patterns of voter disenfranchisement from Florida 2000 to Ohio 2004 and following the story of Georgia Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney."

I'm not sure how you would go about purchasing the video or if you have already seen it, reflections are more than welcome.

For me this was just another positive reminder to vote in this election and how important our votes really are.

Http://www.AMERICANBLACKOUT.org

Much Love,

Heart to Heart

Desert Storm

2. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Thank you, everyone should purchase this movie

Already there has been an incident in Harlem of all places were Obama's votes DID NOT REGISTER at polling location on Super Tuesday

3. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    This movie

is available at Amazon,
    (and she has my vote!)

4. Desert Storm

Desert Storm Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +31
    Wow! Already in Harlem? Yeah, me and mom watched this movie together and it was a trip. I mean the media really swept the votes up under the rug and then bush got what he deserved and the world trade centers got bombed. I think every potential canidate who could have been president was relieved after that.

And like Cynthia McKinney, said a lot of innocent people in New York could have been saved and not killed.

I mean after watching the movie me and mom were like wow!

I mean the lists that they screwed up which had peoples names for voting that were closely similiar to people who had previously been convicted and no one bothered to change it. Plus all the people who came out to vote only to find out that they weren't on the list for voters and such.

The media twisting around what Cynthia McKinney said, along the lines of questioning why the trade center got bombed.

It makes you wonder.

Desert Storm