Black People : America - The Grim Truth

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by awo dino, May 3, 2010.

1. awo dino

awo dino Well-Known Member MEMBER

carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
    Ratings:
    +1,258
    America - The Grim Truth
    By Lance Freeman
    Information Clearing House
    5-2-10

Americans, I have some bad news for you:

You have the worst quality of life in the developed world * by a wide margin.

If you had any idea of how people really lived in Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and many parts of Asia, you'd be rioting in the streets calling for a better life. In fact, the average Australian or Singaporean taxi driver has a much better standard of living than the typical American white-collar worker.

I know this because I am an American, and I escaped from the prison you call home.

I have lived all around the world, in wealthy countries and poor ones, and there is only one country I would never consider living in again: The United States of America. The mere thought of it fills me with dread.

Consider this: you are the only people in the developed world without a single-payer health system. Everyone in Western Europe, Japan, Canada, Australia, Singapore and New Zealand has a single-payer system. If they get sick, they can devote all their energies to getting well. If you get sick, you have to battle two things at once: your illness and the fear of financial ruin. Millions of Americans go bankrupt every year due to medical bills, and tens of thousands die each year because they have no insurance or insufficient insurance. And don't believe for a second that rot about America having the world's best medical care or the shortest waiting lists: I've been to hospitals in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Singapore, and Thailand, and every one was better than the "good" hospital I used to go to back home. The waits were shorter, the facilities more comfortable, and the doctors just as good.

This is ironic, because you need a good health system more than anyone else in the world. Why? Because your lifestyle is almost designed to make you sick.

Let's start with your diet: Much of the beef you eat has been exposed to fecal matter in processing. Your chicken is contaminated with salmonella. Your stock animals and poultry are pumped full of growth hormones and antibiotics. In most other countries, the government would act to protect consumers from this sort of thing; in the United States, the government is bought off by industry to prevent any effective regulations or inspections. In a few years, the majority of all the produce for sale in the United States will be from genetically modified crops, thanks to the cozy relationship between Monsanto Corporation and the United States government. Worse still, due to the vast quantities of high-fructose corn syrup Americans consume, fully one-third of children born in the United States today will be diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes at some point in their lives.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info

2. awo dino

awo dino Well-Known Member MEMBER

carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
    Ratings:
    +1,258
    No One Cares

By Chris Hedges

We are approaching a decade of war in Afghanistan, and the war in Iraq is in its eighth year. Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and thousands more Afghans and Pakistani civilians have been killed. Millions have been driven into squalid displacement and refugee camps. Thousands of our own soldiers and Marines have died or been crippled physically and psychologically. We sustain these wars, which have no real popular support, by borrowing trillions of dollars that can never be repaid, even as we close schools, states go into bankruptcy, social services are cut, our infrastructure crumbles, tens of millions of Americans are reduced to poverty, and real unemployment approaches 17 percent. Collective, suicidal inertia rolls us forward toward national insolvency and the collapse of empire. And we do not protest. The peace movement, despite the heroic efforts of a handful of groups such as Iraq Veterans Against the War, the Green Party and Code Pink, is dead. No one cares.
    The roots of mass apathy are found in the profound divide between liberals, who are mostly white and well educated, and our disenfranchised working class, whose sons and daughters, because they cannot get decent jobs with benefits, have few options besides the military. Liberals, whose children are more often to be found in elite colleges than the Marine Corps, did not fight the North American Free Trade Agreement in 1994 and the dismantling of our manufacturing base. They did nothing when the Democrats gutted welfare two years later and stood by as our banks were turned over to Wall Street speculators. They signed on, by supporting the Clinton and Obama Democrats, for the corporate rape carried out in the name of globalization and endless war, and they ignored the plight of the poor. And for this reason the poor have little interest in the moral protestations of liberals. We have lost all credibility. We are justly hated for our tacit complicity in the corporate assault on workers and their families.

Our passivity has resulted, however, in much more than imperial adventurism and a permanent underclass. A slow-motion coup by a corporate state has cemented into place a neofeudalism in which there are only masters and serfs. And the process is one that cannot be reversed through the traditional mechanisms of electoral politics.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info

3. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    So I guess it's time to head back to the mudder land. My friends laugh at me when I tell them I'm moving to Uganda. I tell them Kampala, the capital, is a better looking city than Detroit or Philly. They don't belive it because they re brinwashed about what Africa is from U.S. Tv, which is completely one dimensional. But I owe the gov't $2700.00 more bucks before I can take off never to return. The article is very true, this country will try to hold you till debts are paid off. Its a shame

4. Black Squared

Black Squared Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +177
    That's not saying anything, lol. Those cities are terrible.

5. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,096
    ...And your city got it going on?

6. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    Actually its sayin a lot. May as well be truly free somewhere else. Much of America will look like those cities in the future. I've been to Kampala. It's a city being built not neglected and deliberately left behind by its leaders whereas here in the U.S., its a mad rush to see how little they can do for cities that are mostly black. Trust me, N.O. is only 35 mins form where I live and it has more homeless than Kampala. America puts forth a delusional image to the world. America is doomed and in slow motion collapse

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    pardon me?

where you live, square?

8. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    HyperKill you are something else..lol...and you are scorpio uh?..lol.smh.

9. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    So you should be able to take other people's money, do whatever you want to with it, and not pay it back?

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    goldman sacks?

isn't that what the white people do?