Black People Politics : America is the Fall before Rome

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

The rise and fall of America’s ‘policy entrepreneurs’

Over more than four decades, Rivlin — who died in May at age 88 — served as the first director of the Congressional Budget Office, the deputy director and then director of the Office of Management and Budget and the vice chair of the Federal Reserve Board. She authored many reports and was deeply engaged in the problems of the District, to some in this town, she was known affectionately as “the queen of Washington’s budget wonks.”

By Robert J. Samuelson
Columnist

Alice Rivlin testifies before the House Financial Services Committee on Oct. 21, 2008. (Haraz N. Ghanbari/Associated Press)

CraigK

Dec 28, 2011
If it ever was a secret, it was a poorly kept one...

CraigK

Dec 28, 2011
In college, many, many years ago, I read Gibbon's "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire". I recently re-read it, and the things I passed over in my twenties now leap off the page at me. I love my country, but it is falling, step by step, just as Rome did, and for many of the same reasons. Why can't people learn from history?

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: