Black People Politics : America is the Fall before Rome

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,418

Since you didn't address the two sentence violation, an excerpt(s) from the rule was cited, not a updated statement from me.

2. Hermetic

Hermetic Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +518
    You also fail to admit that you chopped off the part that was a falsehood. I can tell the truth is hard for you, but sometimes one has to accept the truth to grow. I accepted that I violated the length of my post, and again stated I did not argue against that. You unfortunately seem to be incapable of accepting your mistake, the part where you talked about permissions and copyright infringement. You know, that part you underlined and highlighted in red?

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,418

Again, it was no mistake to cite the rule in its entirety, those are not my words. The understood violation of rule 11 involved you posting more than two sentences.

Wrong, since you fail to acknowledge violating that portion in your initial response post below:

Excerpts of the rule (not my words) pointing to the specific violation of more than two sentences were cited again, highlighted in red.

You are confused.

4. ogoun

ogoun Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +109
    What unsettles me about the post Hermetic is that the same kind of list could be made for every spiritual experience believed or practiced.
    While I rhetorically used Willa's obviously strong spiritual feelings and rituals to make a point about what I think is an unhealthy nationalistic view of the world and how that one dimensional nationalistic view distorts ones relationship to the world what it was was not a questioning of her religious beliefs.
    To attack or question so directly a persons spiritual belief as you did makes it very personal. And if someone was to do the same to me about my own spiritual path I would take it very, very personally.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  5. Symbol of America

Symbol of America going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +921
    Okay peeps, let's take a break.

ref-time-out.jpg

Infighting is what we as a race constantly struggle against "The Other Mans" desire to see us collectively self destruct.

ptdbth.jpg

Right or wrong, good or bad, we are all we have. Know that.

f35550_3484367.jpg

Love to all.

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,418
    A fair read, except for the slant against Mr. Obama. Not one word of Obama's presidency can be found in the article. Even when Tom rants about climate control:

"...And for this, too, Donald Trump can’t be blamed, but his presence in the White House is now a powerful symbol of a human failure to grasp the dangers involved. Talk about a symbolic act of self-destruction: the American people put a fierce climate denier in the White House."

There wasn't even a slight reference of Obama entering the Paris
    Climate Agreement (Accord)
    , which Trump withdrew from.

7. Hermetic

Hermetic Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +518
    You are correct, it can be. It absolutely can be.

Making prophetic statements, especially about the end times, opens one up to the possibility that those prophecies will be questioned. It is human nature to question outlandish proclamations. If you make an unsupportable statement about the end of life as we know it, someone is going to come forward and question said statement. If your support is the same support used through out time for each time that same prophecy was given but was proven wrong, someone who knows better will point out that case. That someone just happens to be me this time.

If we can disagree about other subjects, why can't we disagree about prophecies concerning the end of the world?

Also to help my point, using the very belief system she holds to:

Jesus tells his disciples in Matthew 24:36: “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

So even in the Bible it states no one knows when the end will arrive, not even Jesus himself.

8. ogoun

United States
    Ratings:
    +109
    That was my own personal take was all Hermetic.
    I chose to give her a pass on it, well because. If however she'd pressed that point I may well have taken a different view but as this thread is not in the realm theology I didn't feel the need to go there over a single post.

It's just my personal take is all.
    As far as I'm concerned you can post anything you feel the need. But that doesn't mean I won't pipe up with something I think should be taken into consideration and you can take or leave my two cents for whatever it's worth.
    So let's just let it slide. My last post wasn't a rebuke of any sort........just my opinion is all.

9. ogoun

United States
    Ratings:
    +109
    That Paris Agreement was quite a thing wasn't it? I can't imagine getting (what was it?) 170 or so countries that probably can't all agree that the world isn't flat to agree to cut down on carbon. Whew! Who'd ever thunk it could happen?
    For me though balancing that class act against President Obama's hemming and hawing over the tar sands oil pipe line not to mention turning his back on the brutal treatment against any legal protesters becomes for me a definite negative not in his favor.

To your point you felt Pres. Obama was slighted in some way because his name wasn't listed among bottom feeders like Nixon, Bush jr. and Trump? Kinda hard for me to grasp why you'd feel that way.

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,418

Regarding Mr. Obama's position on Keystone and protesters(Black Lives Matter), below are some facts rebutting your posit of Obama hemming and hawing:

"...There would, though, likely be oil coming through the Keystone XL pipeline in excess of what the American refineries would be able to use, noted Eric Smith, an energy economist at Tulane University. This excess oil could go to other countries capable of refining it. Still, most Keystone oil would stay in North America."
    https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...says-keystone-xl-exporting-oil-experts-disag/

Obama says Keystone XL is for exporting oil outside the U.S., experts disagree

President Barack Obama and many other Democrats think there’s little to be gained by building the Keystone XL pipeline. On Nov. 18, Senate Democrats voted down a proposal to build the oil pipeline -- which would stretch from Canada to...
    politifact.com

"President Obama defended the Black Lives Matter movement Tuesday at a memorial service for five slain Dallas police officers, saying bigotry remains a problem in police departments across the U.S."
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-defends-black-lives-matter-protests-police-m/

Obama defends Black Lives Matter protests at police memorial in Dallas

President Obama defended the Black Lives Matter movement Tuesday at a memorial service for five slain Dallas police officers, saying bigotry remains in police departments across the U.S.
    washingtontimes.com

Lastly, its not about understanding how I feel, but more about acknowledging Tom's racial bias towards our first Black president. Moreover, Mr. Obama is definitely not a bottom feeder, as you say.