Black People Politics : America is the Fall before Rome

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

The rise and fall of America’s ‘policy entrepreneurs’

Over more than four decades, Rivlin — who died in May at age 88 — served as the first director of the Congressional Budget Office, the deputy director and then director of the Office of Management and Budget and the vice chair of the Federal Reserve Board. She authored many reports and was deeply engaged in the problems of the District, to some in this town, she was known affectionately as “the queen of Washington’s budget wonks.”

By Robert J. Samuelson
Columnist

Alice Rivlin testifies before the House Financial Services Committee on Oct. 21, 2008. (Haraz N. Ghanbari/Associated Press)

CraigK

Dec 28, 2011
If it ever was a secret, it was a poorly kept one...

CraigK

Dec 28, 2011
In college, many, many years ago, I read Gibbon's "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire". I recently re-read it, and the things I passed over in my twenties now leap off the page at me. I love my country, but it is falling, step by step, just as Rome did, and for many of the same reasons. Why can't people learn from history?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In college, many, many years ago, I read Gibbon's "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire". I recently re-read it, and the things I passed over in my twenties now leap off the page at me. I love my country, but it is falling, step by step, just as Rome did, and for many of the same reasons. Why can't people learn from history?

Maybe the reason we don't seem to learn from history has to do with our moral limitations.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm: This is America

EMPIRES ARE A SECRET UNTIL THEY START FALLING

When Empire Is In Decline
Alfred McCoy says that it is only when empires are in decline that people begin to recognize they live in an empire and start to talk about it. While discussion of empire hasn’t broken into the corporate media, it is certainly happening in the independent media...

1568725752235.png

By Margaret Flowers and Kevin Zeese, Popular Resistance.
September 15, 2019
NEWSLETTER

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

CraigK

Dec 28, 2011
Maybe the reason we don't seem to learn from history has to do with our moral limitations.

And our arrogance. We tell ourselves that we are smarter, or braver, or more lucky than our ancestors, and thus the destroying hand of History will pass us by. No.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

PINK TIDE AGAINST US DOMINATION RISING AGAIN IN LATIN AMERICA

...which is against the interests of people.

By Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers, Popular Resistance
October 14, 2019
| , NEWSLETTER

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍