Black People : America’s Humanitarian Record

Zulile

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 24, 2007
Occupation
HR/Finance
The American Empire

Article Here

With all the self-congratulation about what a humanitarian nation America is [...] a little investigation into our humanitarian record is warranted.

Our justification for the Iraqi genocide (harboring chemical/biological weapons, whose ingredients were largely purchased from the United States and its allies) looks a little odd compared to our voting record on chemical and biological weapon proliferation, and other weapons of mass destruction.

oi7t07.jpg

The United States abstained voting on the resolution regarding the rights of children, the world's only nation to do so. In all of the above UN vote tallies, the United States was the lone "no" vote.[337] The American media rarely informs the American public of those votes.

The Convention on the Rights of the Child was held, and one of its resolutions was banning the death penalty for people who commit crimes as children, and banning child soldiers. Only two nations have not ratified the treaty. Somalia did not, because it does not have a functioning government. The other was the United States, the only nation on earth that still executes children. How could Bill Clinton keep a straight face while talking about "rogue states"?

That litany of lone "no" votes can keep going, such as regarding resolutions condemning Israel's horrendous human-rights violations of the Palestinians, or the apartheid government of South Africa's treatment of the blacks there. The United States has a lengthy record of installing and/or propping up some of the most brutal regimes on earth, such Suharto's Indonesia, Pinochet's Chile, the Shah's Iran, the death-squad regimes of El Salvador and Guatemala, its support for Pol Pot's Cambodia and so on. The United States regularly stands alone on the world stage, rejecting principles of decency and humanity that the rest of the world has embraced. In that light, the sudden professed humanitarian concern for the Albanians should be viewed with a skeptical eye.

Indeed, try as one might, there is probably not one “humanitarian” military intervention to be found in world history.[338] Violence is not, has never been, and never will be, a humanitarian undertaking. Somebody is always violated, and invading armies have never inflicted violence out of humanitarian intent. It has always been self-serving on the part of those who created the armies and the situations they are used in, and they will always concoct a reasonable and seemingly noble rationale for their violence, and it is never the real reason. If America’s activities happen to benefit Albanians or Kuwaitis or Iraqi Kurds, it is incidental, and our leaders will always look for a good cover story to sell to the masses, so minor population elements benefiting from America’s interventions become the story of the day, not the majority’s suffering. If the Albanians or Kuwaitis get in the way or become expendable, they will share the same fate as the Iraqi children.

Whenever people begin analyzing whether the Serbs are worse than the Croatians, or if the Albanians deserve to be “free” in Kosovo, or how murderously the Muslims were treated, they usually have already made assumptions that I reject, which is that the United States government really cares about any of those people, and that we have a God-given right to intervene. The only right being exercised is the right of might, which America exercises regularly, accompanied each time with lies to justify it, just as Hitler and Mussolini did when they invaded Czechoslovakia and Ethiopia.

Full Article Here

Let me tell yawl a little story

It was a dark and stormy night. Our hero sees the light of a farm house in the distance and heads straight for it. The farm wife takes him in, gives him dry clothes to wear, sweet milk in a rather large mug and let's him warm himself by the fire.

Presently our hero exclaims "My, this is the sweetest milk I''ve ever tasted."

The farm wife says "Oh yea well we pulled a rat out of it this morning but I don't reckin that spiled the taste."

Our hero gasps. He grabs his mouth and the large mug falls and shatters on the stone floor. The farm wife then brings a broom down on his head "You ingrate! I take you in out of the cold and rain, give you dry clothes to wear and sweet milk to drink and let you warm your hide by my fire and this is how you thank me? By breaking the children's potty chair?"

(but sister river didn't mention how many skins (nor whose) went into making those clothes!)

i followed that link and got all caught up in the timeline. sort of puts a wrap on any "question" of "the origin of racism" ... but i guess "flogging a dead horse" prolly ranks right up there with "jumping to conclusions" as a national pastime, eh?

no wonder i've come to regard all that "history" that they've been cramming down our throats as a "statement of charges", suitable for a "war crimes against humanity" trial or, simply, a "criminal rap sheet"! frankly, there is plenty of grist for a charge of "treason against the nation of america" as well.

sure seems to me that "voting", or "supporting" this "u.s. regime" in any fashion warrants a charge of complicity in/accomplice to national treason. but y'all go ahead and keep "trying" ...

it's over; are you gonna ride the basket to hell or get off the treadmill and "forge a new civilization from the ashes of the old"?

but nero's fiddle just sounds too good, don't it?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back