Black People : AMEN!!!!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by happy69, Jul 13, 2004.

1. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
  2. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
  3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Excellent information Sister Happy! Now I see why you have always advocated that African Americans stand up for ourselves and not align with those "people of color". This certainly sheds light on where WE stand in terms of fighting racism. I'm stunned by the situation with the Seminoles. "Our Land Before We Die" is a must read. WE have to stop allowing ourselves to be USED by people. Fidel Castro...what can I say? The proof is in the pudding, as they say.

This thread should generate good discussion and I'm looking forward to seeing what others think!

Queenie :spinstar:

4. Changes_Changes

Changes_Changes Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +59
    Yeap. Same with hispanics, far east Asians, and Arabs. Hearing Africans endorse some delusional bond with other non Europeans is more upsetting than our intermittent defense of white interests. At least the latter was partly forced and often remains unavoidable. The former is just pathetic.

I see it everyday in all of us. If when a Black woman walked into roomful of Blacks, they looked at her like she wasn't nothin, she'd say, "Bump ya'll then!" and abruptly walk out. And yet, Asians, Arabs, Hispanics and Europeans can look at us the same way and we chalk it up to a cultural difference. "Oh dey aint mean nuttin by it, they look at errbody that way." That is in fact not the case. First of all, it doesn't matter what one means by such a look -- if the recipient doesn't like it, it aint okay. Second, there're some languages that cross cultural bounds. Body language is one of them. One knows very well when them chicks at the corner store sayin aint aint nothin. You aint gotta speak chinese to know that.

We KNOW folks don't like the word black or what it stands for. And we KNOW folks don't like US. So why do we insist on running behind them asking to be part of the club? Why has the NAACP been begging george bush to “come talk to us” for the last four years? How many times are you gonna ask somebody to be your friend? Are we weak? Are we dumb? Do we hate ourselves as much as they do?

We've been doin' this slumped shoulder bit for too long. It isn't cute anymore. It's time to grow up and say, if ya'll don't like, ya'll can go to hell.