Black Spirituality Religion : Amazing Grace

@Cursed Heart

--Great info!
I never liked this song.
When I would hear it at funerals,
it reminded me of slavery.

And right you were....

Although I was duped. Black people really need to re-examine what they see, do and think. And in the right cases, clear out the slavic-mental poisonings...

Newton's lyrics have become a favourite for Christians of all denominations, largely because the hymn vividly and briefly sums up the Christian doctrine of Divine grace. The lyrics are loosely based around the text of Ephesians 2:4-8.

It has also become known as a favorite with supporters of freedom and human rights, both Christian and non-Christian, as it is believed by many to be a song against slavery, as Newton was once a slave trader. He continued to be a slave trader for several years after his experience, but later he became a clergyman. The song has been sung by many notable musical performers. (source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazing_Grace)
That is why this song has lasted. In its original key "Bb" , it mimics the natural singing key of many of our great-great grandparents. A lot of my Christian friends, (me too), after learning this, feel more attachment to this song because the struggle isn't over. We are still under bondage.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back