Black Relationships : AM I To Picky ?

Heardja, and what you say is true. There is more, much more. And there is much work to be done in preparing oneself (males and females alike), that gets lost in the shuffle in this fast-paced, immediate gratification life style most are trying to live. I'm speaking to that part of our population (male and female) who want everything, but are all too willing to offer the used goods along with the baggage of past relationships.

If a person values themselves and has been taught (upbringing is all too key) to value and respect others, they are more likely to bring that helluva lot more than sex to the table.

And er uh, since the surveys show what they show about sex, Kem, then it really shouldn't be a big problem if she is a virgin, huh?

Just a thought... :)

a

Yes, I continue to be impressed with this particular young lady. We're in a 6-week training together and I can see why she sports that carat on her ring finger. She's the genuine article, Kem. The girl is quality. Intelligent, witty, warm, sensitive, and about to be an invaluable support system in her choice of career. It is refreshing to say the very least. :) And yeah, she was raised in the Old School fashion.... she knows her way around the kitchen. (we gonna have a potluck and I'm too happy about it)

a

Big Shout To MsPoetic

No, you are NOT being picky! You are exercising YOUR standards for YOUR life. If anything, your single sisters ought to be commending you for having standards.

And, from a man's point of view, I would not have too much respect for a woman who does not know how to say NO and mean it!

Time after time, I have seen single sisters 'push' a fellow single sister into compromising her standards. The reason why is simple: THEY are miserable, and they LOVE company. Before my present wife and I got married, she had a married friend with a LOUSY marriage, further complicated by her manipulating mother.

Eventually, their marriage ended in divorce.

Do you know that, once my wife and I got married, her friend STOPPED talking to her for a number of years? WE are happy and our marriage is going strong. Eleven years and continuing.

I learned four things along the way, from a brother's point of view, after my first marriage ended in divorce. I'm blessed to be married again. Maybe this will help you down the road:

1) Let him find YOU and offer his friendship.

2) Don't bed, until you WED.

3) First, friendship, then dating, then courtship, then marriage, in THAT order.

4) Realize that marriage is only the beginning! It's gonna take a LOT more work AFTER the 'I DOs' are said.

Keep those standards, my sister. In fact, pass em on!

A LOT of singles will be blessed by your words.

Mike Ramey
:toast:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back