Black People : Am I a racist?

Sekhemu said:
Says who? says the majority of people who marched during the 60's for Civil and human rights. Fighting and scratching against jim crow. if it was just about discrimination how do you explain the fact that all the people we were fight against in power were and still are white? Do you think Malcom X stood agains discriminaton or racism

The very same people who put laws on the books against race mixing? That said that we are 3/5 of a human being, you call this discrimination? Ok, if you say so!

What are you talking about? What does your statement have to do with black people being capable or incapable of being racist? All this statement tells me is that white people are capable of being racist. Is that really saying anything that all of us doon't already know?

Did I call anything discrimination? All I said is that all people are capable of being racist, I don't know what thought you read.

The word ism means

Action; process; practice

or

A distinctive doctrine, system, or theory:

You will have to explain now how ism denotes a system. Like I said before, there is a difference between the words racism and oppression. You do not need a level of power to be a racist. What circulates throughout this country...and what we learn and such, is not controlled by the white race, but controlled by white OPPRESSORS. The words oppressor means

a person of authority who subjects others to undue pressures
by keeping them down by severe and unjust use of force or power.

Those are the people who have the ability to control whether African americans can get jobs, They're the policemen that can arrest a black man for no apparent reason, or beat him to a pulp and get away with it. Those are the people PREVENTING others from moving up. If an oppressor is racist, they will be able to prevent others, such as those of color from moving up. that man living in Alabama can be oppressive, if he purposely doesn't vote for a black candidate. that's oppression.

Racism isolated is something different. It's based on belief. It's not based on action, which is what oppression is. There is nothing preventing me from a belief that I am intrinsically superior to that of another race. There is nothing preventing me from hating a person for their skin color. I am prevented however from preventing a white man from getting a job, because I am not in the position to do that. I am prevented from abusing a white person, because in society, I will be severely punished, whereas vice versa, a white person could get a slap on the wrist. My opinion is that Racism is a belief, a belief that in itself has been hidden in society for many years. Racism influences oppression, but that doesn't mean that someone cannot hate a race. Ofcourse racism can affect a person's actions, but not only a certain race. I'll finish by sayin again, that OPPRESSION is the factor that should be evaluated.

your'e right, not liking someONE has nothing to do with racism, we're talking about hating or disliking a collective group of people.

These are all of my opinions. Also, I know this is not school, but if you have something you feel you should teach, i would hope that you would have an interest enough to teach it...even if there is a disagreement. I certainly am not closed to learning new things. But in order to hear what you view as the truth, I will have to display what I view as the truth first.

Sekhemu said:
Says who? says the majority of people who marched during the 60's for Civil and human rights. Fighting and scratching against jim crow. if it was just about discrimination how do you explain the fact that all the people we were fight against in power were and still are white? Do you think Malcom X stood agains discriminaton or racism

The very same people who put laws on the books against race mixing? That said that we are 3/5 of a human being, you call this discrimination? Ok, if you say so!

You just expressed examples of OPPRESSION. an oppressor can be racist, discriminating, and stereotypical. But being stereotypical does not make you an oppressor. It does not give power. That's why it is not selective.

kente417mojo said:
What are you talking about? What does your statement have to do with black people being capable or incapable of being racist? All this statement tells me is that white people are capable of being racist. Is that really saying anything that all of us doon't already know?

Did I call anything discrimination? All I said is that all people are capable of being racist, I don't know what thought you read.

It has everything to do with Racism on the part of whites. This country is what it is today because of a racist lecagy. The founding fathers of this country owned slaves, and they drafted a constitution based on race and privilage. This is the quintessential example of racism.

What black institutions do you know have held an entire race of people in bondage for 250 years, and enacted laws for another 100 years after slavery, based on race? NONE

In this country discrimination and racism go hand in hand, in fact why would so many black people go out of there way to pass for white, indeed why are we still placing a premium on whiteness this very day? Because white=power and privilage, and the last time I looked no white folks were trying to darken there skin because of discrimination or racism from blacks.

I always ask people if they ever read Andrew Hackers book on Race. He asked a group of white students, suppose the gov't came to you and said, we're sorry, we regret to inform you that you are not white, but in fact you're black. How should we compensate you for this mistake, he said every single one of them said, they wanted more than one million dollars. So if racism does not apply to being white, why would the want a million dollars if they found out they were black?

but go on believing blacks can be racist. you go right ahead

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back