Black People : Am I a racist?

mahoganyqueen

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 21, 2003
Occupation
student
Hey family! I have missed ya'll, but I don't have a computer anymore, so I am hardly ever on the internet. Anyway, I find myself having some of the most racist thoughts. I think I am more racist than white people. I constantly make generalizations that I know aren't true about white people. In other words, I do to white people exactly what they do to us. How can I cry racisism at a white person, when I am partaking in the same activity? Does anyone else suffer from this? Can anyone help me to overcome the way I feel? Help me out fam

peace,

I don't believe u are a racist my queen. me, myself believe that none of the darker people of the planet Earth can be racist for the simple fact that in order to be a racist one must first have power. Racism is the ability to hold down, or the power to keep a WHOLE people from elevating to their full potential. Who on earth can do that except our open enemy.

What I believe is sometimes confused as blacks being racist is just a temporary subconcious reaction from the pain felt from true racism! Unless I have the power & control to actually carry those feelings out to the fullest. Meaning, being able to manipulate the system which is impossible again since it was not set up by anyone of color, but by those with a lack thereof.........then neither yourself or I, or anyone with melanin could never be a RACIST.......

just my humble opinion my queen, peace.......................

info-moetry said:
peace,

I don't believe u are a racist my queen. me, myself believe that none of the darker people of the planet Earth can be racist for the simple fact that in order to be a racist one must first have power. Racism is the ability to hold down, or the power to keep a WHOLE people from elevating to their full potential. Who on earth can do that except our open enemy.

What I believe is sometimes confused as blacks being racist is just a temporary subconcious reaction from the pain felt from true racism! Unless I have the power & control to actually carry those feelings out to the fullest. Meaning, being able to manipulate the system which is impossible again since it was not set up by anyone of color, but by those with a lack thereof.........then neither yourself or I, or anyone with melanin could never be a RACIST.......

just my humble opinion my queen, peace.......................

I think you are mistaking racism for oppression. I believe that anyone has the capabilities of being a racist, but as you said, you need power to be an oppressor. These are the people who can practice things like favoritism and nepotism, and also prevent people from doing certain things. this is what Affirmative Action is meant to prevent in a sense, tho not completely. However, something like racism is only a strong biased dislike or hatred for a race based on color, while prejudice, is based on generalizations of people in color. There is a difference to all three. And at one point, I think most people have had racist or prejudice thoughts and feelings. however we cannot be oppressors. That much is tru.

MahoganyQueen. I think that it would be harsh to call yourself a racist, maybe you just have biased views. But then again, most of us (as in the human race) have biased views. Generalization is what breaks us all down in a way, because it categorizes.

The Answer

Mahoganyqueen you are not a racist. The words racist and racism has been changed over the years by true racists to downplay their toxic behavior. A racist is someone who has unsubstanstiated notions about a group of people that has the power to negatively impact the lives of the people he or she is stereotyping. So queen unless you are a judge or a sherriff or a mayor or a employer or a someone with the potential to negatively affect someone's standard of living you are not a racist. However you can be bigoted, prejudicial or bias. Many will disagree with what I'm about to say but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. To truely be rid of these feelings one must not give power to people or circumstances. Your power is your attention, your feelings and your energy. Let me be clear I am not saying passively let people treat you or anyone else unjustly for any reason. What I'm saying be above the disgraceful antics of angry powerless people and with the help and guidance of God oppose oppression. Give God power in your life. When you do that people that think they are getting over really aren't. No unjust deed goes unpunished. We may not be the punisher but punishment will occur.

Peace

Radical Faith

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back