Black Relationships : Always Disappointed!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by buttaflisw, Aug 22, 2005.

1. buttaflisw

buttaflisw Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    There is this guy that I met in March and we tried to hang out but it just seemed like he couldnt get his life together. So I told him in July not to call me anymore. He still called me he told me that he didnt care if I got mad he was still going to call. Well I must admit I liked the attention so I continued to talk to him. All of a sudden I didnt hear from him for like 2 weeks and my friend is always telling me to give hm a chance. So I called him on Friday to find out if he was seeing somebody and her wasnt and he was more than willing to come spend the night if I asked. (No I didnt let him come over) So I called him on Sunday and tried to make plans for him to come over. Sunday night rolls around and I still havent heard from him so I called and his ex's daughter answers the phone so I just said that I had the wrong # and hung up and I still havent heard from him. Earlier when I talked to him he had his son with him and he said that he was going to be taking his son home around 7pm so I was kinda hurt and disappointed to know that he was still at her house at almost 10pm and then he didnt even call me back. :(

Butta

2. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Even having two kids can't convince this guy to get his life together, that should have told you something. Why did you bother? Oh right, you like the attention from the loser.

3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Let's see,

1. You don't want him around because he doesn't have HIS life together.

2. You kept talking to him to boost your own ego, not to establish any kind of relationship with him.

3. Now you're dissappointed because he's not massaging your ego anymore, but instead he's tending to his kids.

Hmmm, sounds like he's not the problem here.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    welcome to the forum.

5. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    Sista, you have to silently THANK this guy for letting you know at this very early point that he's not worth your time. Just be happy that y'all were not into any kind of relationship before he showed his true self. And move on.

6. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I agree with Riada. It sounds like this guy is all about himself.

!) He didn't have his life together as you said, so you followed your instinct and told him not to call you anymore.

2) He disrespects your wishes and calls you anyways. You go against your feelings and accept his calls.

2) Now he has stopped calling, because he's straight now, but now you're all in.

Don't feel bad, it happens to all of us. Sounds like you were on the road to being strong again and got sucked back in. Just keep moving forward til you lose the feelings. This was probably a lesson to tell you to follow your intuition. I still don't get it right, but I'm getting better and so will you. :bowl:

7. buttaflisw

buttaflisw Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I know I was stupid. I cant believe that I was about to let myself get sucked in. Thats what I get for listening to my homegirl, she kept saying he really likes you because he keeps calling and stuff which I guess made me doubt my insticts. :hammer:

PS...I am all for him taking care of his kid I am a single mother and I wish my daughter's father was like him. That is one of the main qualities that I look for in a man.

8. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Buttaflisw:

First let me welcome you to Destee.com. Secondly I want to say that although we often look to others for advice, following one's own instinct is usually the best move to make.