Black Education / Schools : ALUMS.. COLLEGE STUDENTS.. DID U PLEDGE IN COLLEGE? WHAT? WHY?

Discussion in 'Black Education / Schools' started by PoeticManifesta, Aug 10, 2005.

1. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    DID YOU PLEDGE TO A SORORITY oR FRAT... IN COLLEGE? WHY? WHY NOT?wOULD YOU ENCOURAGE ANYONE ELSE TO DO SO?

2. PoeticManifesta

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    My junior Year I pledged to the Sassy Sexy Ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha inc. ,
    it was the best deciscion i ever made. Im connected thru a huge network of Black Business Women..
    and never alone in any of my endeavors.. I have support.. and assistance. Learned how to make the right contacts which I have found to be a priceless asset in todays business world.. I love it...

Skee Weee! :hi:

In the beginning there was 2...
    known as ......

Alpha & Omega

3. wildchild510

wildchild510 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Never in my life!! Speaking on a guys perspective i would never go through unessacery bull **** to be apart of an organization full of individuals i would never hang out with in the first place. Also as far as hazing goes..(we all know it goes on) I have too much respect for myself to let some dude beat on me for 9 weeks and be his *****. Sounds kinda homo to me.... Also the Africans taught the greeks everything they know. So why are we naming ourselves after a bunch of homosexuals. Let me give u some history... The Greek fraturnities started(in greece) off when the dudes would get together and socialize in an GYMNASIUM(hence the greek root word) there they would perform sexual lude acts too each other. if there were collegic organizations named after African tribes and we followed our own culture and not the culture of the bluest eye... then maybe i would have concidered it. but in my eyes its just another form of self hate. Also its full of stupidity. let me give you some current events...

1.) In california a group Of Alpha Kappa Alpha girls blind folded these girls on a "Boating trip" and tied them together. They THREW THEM INTO THE PACIFIC OCEAN BLINDFOLDED and told them to swim back to shore. All five girls died. This was in 2001 i beleive.

2.) At my own school MOREHOUSE COLLEGE the Alpha Phi Alpha fraturnity Beat a kid unconcious until he had an heart attack and died. Even after he was dead they still beat him..
    i can sit hear and type on for days but the point im trying to make is the bad out weighs the good. If the organizations were still run and had the direction they had when they began ... then maybe. But for now... Dont seem like im missing anything. Plus im apart of the biggest fraturnity in the world MOREHOUSE!!! didnt need to pledge to get buisness contacts.

4. PoeticManifesta

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    Wrong.. all five did not die.. one died.. that was a great loss.. you have to realize.. that not all sororitys are like another evern though they bare the same name.. I must admit them west coast a.K.a's are quite bourgeois.. and a lil too bevelery hills dumb blondish to me.. the common sense seems to be left in the unglorified states rather than california.. which will in a hundred years will have a serious disaster on their hands when they start getting all these new age ppl cremated.. and that silicon.. and plastck this n that burns into the air.. either that or the women will just go breain dead from spending too much time in thos spas.. and nail salons,.... inhaling those fumes.. gettin high as a giraffs @ss... but that was just dumb.. thats all i have to say.. them girls go to far with it.. we had times liek..

we couldnt comb our hair (many didnt think to use a brush)
    we had cells at all times..
    we coulnt shave and must wear skirts.. (they didnt say we couldnt wear pants under em... what a fashion stmt!!)
    and so on.. mostly suff that with a lil brain cell.. u could have found a way around....
    they did pull out the discusting one though.. a cup of cum..
    i got a cup and filled it with tiny hole punches.. and wrote cum on each dot.. it took awhile.. but hey.. beats the alternative..