destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

What are the alternatives to capitalism, and which (if any) would you like to see it replaced with?

Also, do the alternatives to capitalism have the same propensity to become saturated with racism, as capitalism has?

Or are they safe from racism, and the ability to mistreat others?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

First, let me say that i don't recommend any alternatives to capitalism or even capitalism itself. I just happen to be born in the united states of america, that claims to be a capitalist society, and thus ... that is where i am ... but don't really understand it fully. I suppose by default, that makes me a capitalist, but i didn't sign up for it or anything.

Having said that ... i saw this site promoting communism. Now, i know as much about communism, as i do capitalism (virtually nothing), but this site seems to be in support of Black People, under the umbrella of communism. The author (perhaps even owner of the site) points to lots of mistreatments of Black People under capitalism, and suggests that we'd not suffer the same under communism. He makes really great arguments, that speak to the emotional yearning within me, for our people to be treated right. I don't know if it would really stand up in real life, but it sure sounds good.

Check it out and tell me what you think of it, and communism, please.

The Oppression of Black People, The Crimes of This System and the Revolution We Need

1) The USA arose on the foundation of the genocidal theft of Native American (Indian) lands, and the enslavement of African people. Since that time, the oppression of Black people has been essential to the functioning of this system, changing as that system has changed, but always deeply woven into the very fabric of society. White supremacy and capitalism have proven to be so closely intertwined that, even when millions have risen up, time and again, to fight the oppression of African-American people, the system has in the end responded by re-entrenching and reinforcing, even if modifying the forms of, that oppression. Today’s situation is extreme and dire; and any solution that leaves capitalism intact is no solution at all and, indeed, a damaging dead end.

2) There can be a revolution in this country and this revolution can finally uproot and put an end to the long nightmare of oppression and degradation that has been the lot of Black people in particular, along with many, many others, in this country, throughout its history. During the 1960s, a movement that arose from the struggle of African-American people for freedom ended up spreading throughout society and bringing every pillar of this oppressive capitalist-imperialist system into question and under fire; it seriously shook the foundations of imperialist rule. That it did not go far enough must not obscure what it DID accomplish and powerfully demonstrate; and today a party and a leader which locates its roots in that era but which has developed the theory to meet the challenges of this time not only exists, but is actively working to bring forward a new revolutionary movement.

3) This Party has a deep understanding of what kind of revolution must be made, of how the new state power can back up the masses in transforming every sphere of society and in finally overcoming the wounds and scars of capitalism and all forms of enslavement and degradation—including the oppression of Black people—and how all that can and must be linked to the largest goal of all: the emancipation of all humanity from the chains of class society and all the oppressive divisions, all the institutions and ways of thinking that are bound up with and reinforce those chains.

We are determined to do everything we can to hasten the day when such a revolution can finally be made, and fundamental change can begin for real. The challenge now is posed to you who read this.

Having taken this journey so far, will you now shut your eyes and turn away?

Or will you join with us in deeply grappling with how to bring this about, taking up with us the urgent questions of closing the gap between what could, and must, be brought into being and the obstacles we face today, and uniting in common struggle to overturn this monstrosity and take a giant leap for humanity’s emancipation?

Bob Avakian, Chairman of the
Revolutionary Communist Party, USA

Looking forward to your thoughts.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back