Black Sports : Alright let's get to it...2 months 2 fights

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by MississippiRed, Nov 4, 2005.

1. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Alright fight fans here we go...

Nov. 19th Floyd Mayweather v. Sharmba Mitchell should be easy for Floyd but Sharmba is so hard to put a handle on you never know which Sharmba will show for the fight I don't think it matters though Floyd is just too much even for the good Sharmba...and Sharmba has that bad left knee and you never know when it will go out again...having torn ligaments is a monster and can prove disastrous when in the ring trying to throw hooks, uppercuts and even move at times when you're shoes stick to the canvas if he's pivoting at that time that's it...and that has to be in the back of his head.anyway Mayweather in 5..

Dec. 10th Winky Wright v. Sam Soliman it's a tuneup for Wink but could be a dangerous one...both work off the jab but from what I've seen of Soliman which is admittedly not much he seems to be the guy that throws a lot of punchs and is always on the attack meaning mainly that he comes straight in and wants to force his opponent to back up big mistake with Wink Soliman also leaves himself open a lot while he throws which is to Wink's advantage as a good counter puncher I think Wink will get a KO or TKO on this dude late in the fight.

What's good folk?

MississippiRed

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Sharmba Mitchell is no joke, and can give any fighter (who isn't a big puncher) trouble. Although I see Floyd Mayweather winning this one, he is going to lose some rounds....you better believe that! I can't wait to see this fight.

About Winky Wright v. Sam Soliman, I see Winky winning this one handily!

3. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    completely agree on both accounts except I don't think Floyd will drop any rounds....but like you I can't wait that's going to be a good one....Yeah Wink shouldn't have a problem Soliman is a real awkard fighter who likes to come forward and of course you know awkard is just a nice way of saying dude doesn't have a firm grasp on the sweet science and just gets in and throws hard and often and has bad footwork.....i.e. Fernando Vargas

MississippiRed

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Speaking of Fernando Vargas, "Terrible" Terry Norris mentioned him in an interview, which you might enjoy:

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    http://www.fightnews.com/bates27.htm

6. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    Thank you for that bruh.....that's another cat that doesn't get the half the respect he should....Terry Norris was a bad dude man I mean a real nasty cat.sometimes letting his emotions get the better of him....ask Ray Leonard...........man I remember when he fought John Mugabi....(I used to love that cat too...just because of that name...John "The Beast" Mugabi..) and Donald Curry ....folks don't know Terry Norris was wicked man...there was a thread about dudes that were ducked on here Terrible Terry was definitely one of them boys that was ducked during his time.......

Oh you see how quickly he mentioned Vargas....the interviewer shouldn't have even asked about Vargas....he wouldn't have lasted 2 rounds ...I still don't know why people think Vargas is such an animal....anyway Thanks again for that one man....that brightened my Monday up...

Red

7. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Terry Norris was one of my favorite fighters, but he could get over emotional. Three of his early losses were DQs for hitting fighters when they were down. He also hit Ray Leonard when he knocked him down in their fight. Still Norris was bad, as you say. I remember his KO of Mugabi like it was yesterday….man….I’m feeling kinda old….LOL!

8. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    Yeah bruh he popped Ray Leonard when he was down and the Cobra caught a couple when he was down from Terry also....

As far as the Mugabi fight and age goes..we'll put it this way.....that was a nice 1st round KO.....we'll leave the age thing alone....LOL

Red