Black People : ALL U.S. CITIZENS MUST HAVE NATIONAL ID?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by KWABENA, Mar 28, 2006.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
  2. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I always figured that particular biblical prophesy was symbolic of something else. What do you feel is the real intent in having such an I.D.? Terrorism, Immigration control, or slavery?

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    heavy......i feel it's a bit of all three sista spicybrown surely controling
    sit high.

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I stated in another forum that the present anti-immigration policies in the legislature which have led to the most recent protests will in effect move forward as the protests will be labeled as a threat to national security and/or violation of homeland security. This moment has arrived. Of course it will take a few more years for everything to take place but i can see states requiring more proof of residence and more forms of ID for renewal ansd issuance of driver's licenses. I experienced this in texas where in just applying to a state ID I had to provide 3 forms of ID....and one of them was not a valid birth certificate because I did not have an original. Texas also requires that a car be rigistered and cleared state inspection before issuing a driver's license. In california I just needed to pass the written test for renewal without providing ID...so here I am in texas with a texas ID but a california driver's license which does not have to be renewed until 2009...i am sure someone will catch up to me at some point..but i am not a threat to homeland security...lol!

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    One thing they are trying to control is not the illegal immigration so much as the flow of CAPITAL from the united states to mexico.

I saw an independent film recently which pointed out that the amount of money that mexican wokers in the us sent back to their families in mexico exceeds the amount that the country of mexico makes in tourism..

so mexico has no vested interest in sealing its borders and i read an article in the local newspaper yesterday stating that the us government is going to apply a surchare to funds wired from the us banks to mexican banks and financial centers (i.e. wire transfer, check cashing businesses, etc.)

6. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Omowalejabali:

"so mexico has no vested interest in sealing its borders"

It's all about the almighty $$, eh?
    ----------------------------------

"the us government is going to apply a surchare to funds wired from the us banks to mexican banks and financial centers (i.e. wire transfer, check cashing businesses, etc.)"

I hope this is not the underlying reason why they are permitted to flood the U.S. This surcharge better be darn worth it. Right now, you can send money to Central America for $16-Western Union.

Say we (Blacks) did compete for and secure for those menial jobs, do you think WM would still harbor resentment toward us in the workplace?

7. fanyamambo

fanyamambo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Me, I come from a place where we have national IDs, a remnant of the colonial days when our masters needed to know which part of their empire we came from. In Rwanda they used to have national IDs which said whether you are a Tutsi or a Hutu. They don't anymore. Anyway I don't know why the US would introduce this. I'm just making conversation. It's a slow afternoon. I will shut up and continue to read this thread.

By the way Cedric if you were greeting in Kiswahili - the right term is "Hamjambo"

8. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,864
    Brother Denson...greetings to you and everyone.

This is not new information. I believe there may be another older thread here about this same topic. I think I first became aware of it not long after Sept. 11th. This whole idea of a Natinonal ID is yet another way for the government to keep track of us, to invade our privacy which either has or is quickly becoming an illusion. Add this to the cameras appearing on the streets, computer chips in the technology we use freely without thinking much about it, what are they called...cyberoptic cables...we're being watched. I believe these are all preludes to a time that may not be far in our future when chips or some device will be installed in us to track us. So our so-called Constitutional Rights have been and will continue to be encroached upon in the name of national security. But what about this? "They" are even smart enough to get US to do it to ourselves under the guise of protecting our children and pets from getting lost or kidnapped. Don't parents have a way to mark their children and can't pet owners implant tracking devices in them so they can be found? So they don't have to always be the initiator. Sometimes things we do to protect us, turns out to be the very things that expose us even more.

Queenie :spinstar:

9. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    all u.s.citizens...

so if i'm visiting virginia and a cop asked to see some i.d.and i show him one from md.will i be deported to md.and not allowed to leave the state?sounds like some nazi stuff to me,no concentration camps for me.

10. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,864
    Well, deportation to Md. is far better than being lynched in some back woods somewhere don't you think?

Queenie :spinstar: