Black Spirituality Religion : All things Considered.....

Music Producer said:
Peace and Greetings;

A while a go I saw a show on the Discovery Channel. It was a documentary about the thought processes of children from different countries. The children were shown a computer screen of fish. In the same seen there was a group of fish all swimming together while another fish swam alone.

The children were told to write a story based on what they had observed.

The children from Africa, China, and Japan etc… wrote a story based on the group of fish. The children from America and Europe wrote a story based around the individual fish.

From this we learn that tribal thought patterns and social structured conception dissolves with Americanization or Europeanization. It begins to show that the bulk of Caucasians do not think in terms of social structure or the whole but in terms of individualism such as my career, my car, my house, my yard, my boat, my children etc.

This same individualistic thought begins to infiltrate us as African Europeans or African Americans. We began to be drawn to things of individualistic thought processes.

Basically we are becoming more and more white. And truly the only thing that separates between a white man and a black man is mindset. This is why so many African Americans that return to Africa are actually called by the natives, white people.

There was a thread that showed a video of some African Americans that had returned or retired to Africa and you or I personally could see the Americanized attitude towards the natives. One lady was complaining about the sewage and how awful it was and had no consciousness as to the feelings and perspective to the surrounding people. All she was warred about is expressing her own personal feelings about how Africans were living in Africa and she had no perceptions as to she was gloating to the natives in a manner of “see how poor you are”.

To me, what you are feeling about your religious ventures, as being more selfish and individualistic is a good thing because you began to show that you are able to recognize faults in directions you seek. This is a rare ability and uncommon because you show the ability to distance yourself from environmental contamination of the mind and are able to recognize “this or that” is where you belong or “this or that” is not where you belong. A lot of people once they get in groups or religious sects are lost to see and judge this.

Peace.

MusicProducer.....
Thanks for Sharing such incredible stories. Very fitting!
The sad thing is ....many don't even See THEMSELVES....guess it's all that whiteout.
Blessings

torch said:
Music, you made some great points about the "white mind" they constantly think of the individual (AMERICAN PATRIOTISM, GOD BLESS THE USA) The ego of the devil per say...if you dont have that view they demonize you....

I dont know if this is the forum for it but my dad told me something that what you brough of music reminded me of..my father told me "Look at how they market comercials....look at the race of people they have in the commercials.....they are marketing "races" not the product" I couldnt agree more...

Peace to you torch!
and....Thanks for Sharing as well....
Ahhhhh yes...the commercials... One of their Primary "programming" tool.
Stay Safe, Stay Strong in the Struggle for I/Unity!

OmowaleX said:
Ok...I may be off here but I am personally in a process of "Starting Over."

I have a new motto or creed I now live by "Innovation and Innervision".

I must Innovate and use my Insight to cahnge and control my destiny.

I must elevate my True Self to Higher Ground.

I am responsible for my Own Actions, not the actions of others.

Now, I KNOW I have responsibility to the "Collective" but I am no good to the collective if I do not actaulize MY Fullest Potentiality.

I also give honor and praise to My Ancestors, praise continually for their guidance and protection and seek to exercise their Will, putting my Life under their direction with the Hope they will not allow me to go astray.

Do not allow the perception of Others to shape your own self-Perception. Trust your own insight and be the VISIONARY you are destined to Be Living.

Peace!

Hey OmowaleX....

First, I think I hear you saying that you have recognized and have a desire for changes in certain aspects of your life which will move you closer to the Vision/Goals you currently hold for yourself. Also, as you grow through this process of "Innovation and Innervision", you seek, value and trust the power of your Ancestors as guides and supports towards those Goals/Vision. Is this right? and....if this is correct....then I began to wonder and was curious about this:

When you say you "seek to exercise "THEIR WILL"....putting your Life "under THEIR DIRECTION" ....how do you know if "their will" and/or "their direction" is different from "YOUR" Vision of Innovation and Innervision?

Also...when you say "you KNOW you have a Responsibility to the Collective", what do you SEE that Responsibility as and what do you do to manifest that behaviorally speaking?

For me, I experience myself in a similar space/place and often times wonder just what is the Direction my Ancestors would have me to go and if in fact, it is the same Direction of my Hearts direction.

Can WE continue this conversation?

truetothecause said:
Hey OmowaleX....

First, I think I hear you saying that you have recognized and have a desire for changes in certain aspects of your life which will move you closer to the Vision/Goals you currently hold for yourself. Also, as you grow through this process of "Innovation and Innervision", you seek, value and trust the power of your Ancestors as guides and supports towards those Goals/Vision. Is this right? and....if this is correct....then I began to wonder and was curious about this:

When you say you "seek to exercise "THEIR WILL"....putting your Life "under THEIR DIRECTION" ....how do you know if "their will" and/or "their direction" is different from "YOUR" Vision of Innovation and Innervision?

Also...when you say "you KNOW you have a Responsibility to the Collective", what do you SEE that Responsibility as and what do you do to manifest that behaviorally speaking?

For me, I experience myself in a similar space/place and often times wonder just what is the Direction my Ancestors would have me to go and if in fact, it is the same Direction of my Hearts direction.

Can WE continue this conversation?

Admittedly, I am constantly growing and learning through "trial and error".
Therefore, I do not KNOW "if their will" and/or "their direction" is different from "MY" Vision of Innovation and Innervision but I go by INTUITION (innervision, insight). I seem to have reacehed a point in my life that I somehow make progress in my Life the more I trust this In-Sight.

As far as my responsibility is concerned, I am an "educator" and as such view my mission to SHARE my experience with others to help/assist/heal/ others so as to not make similar mistakes as those I have made, and to share a little bit of "knowledge" along the way.

I also seem to have been given a little more time to "bond" with my daughter (who just gradduated from college), to serve as a pro-active role model, and to act as a spiritual "guide". Beyond this, I really SEE no other reason at this point for my continued existence.

I really never expected to live past age 39 and (10 years later) I now have reached a position of "Elder" within my extended family, something I did not think would happen in this life. I cannot really explain this in detail but will just say that I have lost many close relatives before me which at times is difficult to cope with and "overstand".

Peace...

Admittedly, I am constantly growing and learning through "trial and error".
Therefore, I do not KNOW "if their will" and/or "their direction" is different from "MY" Vision of Innovation and Innervision but I go by INTUITION (innervision, insight). I seem to have reacehed a point in my life that I somehow make progress in my Life the more I trust this In-Sight.

I can overstand this and experience myself in the same way and I am beginning to Trust and hold on to My INTUITION as well....thank you

As far as my responsibility is concerned, I am an "educator" and as such view my mission to SHARE my experience with others to help/assist/heal/ others so as to not make similar mistakes as those I have made, and to share a little bit of "knowledge" along the way.

BLACK!!!! TasTic....in the "rooms of Recovery" there is a saying that goes like this:...."We keep what we have by giving it away".....this statement RE~minds me of this saying...

I also seem to have been given a little more time to "bond" with my daughter (who just gradduated from college), to serve as a pro-active role model, and to act as a spiritual "guide". Beyond this, I really SEE no other reason at this point for my continued existence.

You know..for me...not having "birthed" any children....I am often challenged by the "point of my continued existence"....yet...I hold on to my INTUTITION which suggests to me my purpose is to BE an Educator of many....children...least ...that is what I SEE for M.E.

I really never expected to live past age 39 and (10 years later) I now have reached a position of "Elder" within my extended family, something I did not think would happen in this life. I cannot really explain this in detail but will just say that I have lost many close relatives before me which at times is difficult to cope with and "overstand".

I Am G.L.A.D. you are HERE....still....:kiss1:

Thank You for Sharing:star:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back