Black People : All These Blacks In America Documentaries

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Director : (take one, episode one)

Show Host : Welcome Americans, we want to introduce you to our N word (plural).

Director : (Cut! ... c'mon now Jim ... you know we can't say the N word on the show ... hahahaha ... you know what happened to Imus and Dogg, they were slapped on the hand for talking publicly this way, about our coloreds ... let's try this again.)

Director : (take two, episode one)

Show Host : Welcome Americans, we want to introduce you to the lives of Black People in America ... !

Peace and Blessings Family,

It seems since Barack Obama has become a serious contender for President of the United States, we're seeing all these programs about Black People in America. It's as though they are trying to show someone, that they are interested in us, want to know us better, give us more air time, understand us ... perhaps, after all this time, to even include us in the fold ... and i'm just not believing this BS!

How does a people go to another land, buy, steal, and enslave the inhabitants, bring them back over the seas, to their own (questionable) land, and beat, rape, sodomize, hang, burn, enslave, mistreat the same ... for generation after generation ... and not know the people you are doing this way?!! Up to, and including today, still violating us!

White people amaze me, acting like they know nothing of Black People, our lives, challenges, etc., when they implement the very hurdles that keep us oppressed!

They are allowing all these programs on television ... and i've not seen one of them, as i'm so not interested in the view they are projecting ... but doing absolutely nothing for the injustice in their court systems, that have Black Men disproportionately imprisoned ... enslaved even as we speak, working for free in their corporations ... while trying to make who believe they don't know us?!!

It's all BS! :censored:

If they really wanted to know us, really wanted to appear sincere in their attempt to embrace us ... why haven't they fixed their justice system? Why do young Black Men have such a hard time getting a job outside of prison, but inside their prison, every Black Man can work if he wants to! Why haven't they paid for the labor provided by our Ancestors! Why are they continuing to benefit from it, giving us nothing in return!

If they want to get to know me, get to know me in these ways ... by undoing the low down dirty stuff they've done to us!

I am so not impressed with the smoke and mirrors they are presenting to us.

They surely aren't doing those programs for us, because we all know ... up close and personal ... the Black Experience in America ... so who are they doing this for?!

Pretending they don't know us, with their foot on our neck at the very same time.

Like someone walking up to you, introducing themselves, wanting to know you ... all kind and sweet ... while stabbing you!

:heart:

Destee

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Look at it as a theatrical performance, because you can't take it seriously. It hasn’t done anything for us. Its the same thing every year. Same people, same topics, different place.

Let me explain it like this: These type of shows aren’t for Black people to watch. Their for whites. It lets them(whites) know that there is nothing to worry about "we(whites) still have a firm grip on them(blacks)". Thats why its always about the negativity done in our community.

3. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    makes sense

I had not looked at it that way before, but what you're saying surely makes sense. In spite of the obstacles and warfare against Africans in America, they manage to survive and some flourish quite well, I think that scares the hell out of them.

4. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28

DAMM! DESTEE!!

(I know YOUR'E gonna hate it but....)

YOU startin' to sound JUST LIKE ME!!

(I think I need a drink.)

ROARIN.......

5. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    my sister i hear you loud and clear and you're absolutly right,but we both know that this is what they do,so we need to stop giving them excuses to put us in prisons[including the prisons of our minds-drugs-alchohol-guns]this is how they control us and until we figure out how to break this maddening cycle we will always be a day late and a dollar short..to our young people,find a reason to do what's POSITIVE..go to class,put down that gat and pick up a book the only way that we as a people are gonna get that RESPECT that we're always holloring about is to start-T-H-I-N-K-I-N-G,you think that the rulers of this country[whites]care about our anger?no as a matter of fact they count on it if you notice i said[RULERS]because that what they are and we can't hope to compete if we're[high-drunk-locked up-dropped out]yes i know that i ain't saying nothing that hasn't been said a thousand times before,we're always talking about the negative image that whites have of us well let's stop giving it to em we have to compete with our MINDS BLACK PEOPLE,and we better start soon because time is running out it really is.

6. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    it's all entertainment

made for TV

your statement for was brilliant

7. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    How can you have a "justice system" within a global SYSTEM of non-justice?

8. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    um

Great Question

9. asafo87

asafo87 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Destee I have noticed that as well and I have been doing some thinking about this as well. Here are my suspicions about this phenomenon.

I have noticed that since the inception of Barack Obama as the democratic nominee, many Black people have begun to gain confidence in their abilities to do things of constructive value, in many cases, to the point of developing the will to become "better" people as individuals.

A victim of Racism/White Supremacy attempting to become a "better" person serves as a glitch in the maintenance, expansion, & refinement of the system of Racism/White Supremacy. In other words, the White people who mistreat people on the basis of color cannot have their victims aligning themselves with "success" or "bettering" themselves. This is why I have to suspect that Racist Man & Racist Woman are doing what they are doing in relation to the aforementioned. They must re-assure Black people that to be a Black person is to be a failure/an "instant f**k up", and it's only to get worse, especially the closer Sen. Obama gets to actually becoming Commander-in-Chief.

One counter-strategy is to understand this aspect of the refinement/maintenance process of Racism/White Supremacy and begin aligning your purpose toward the "betterment" of self & the production of justice. :)