Black Poetry : All Poets Listen Up!

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Bishop, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +86
    Seeing that many of us have connected with each other via Destee's Playground, and seeing how she brought us to this promised land almost 2 years ago to be blessed in this house....Let's scribe some pieces to our benefactor Destee herself...She works untiringly to make sure we can have the best...Check it out..Not many other poetry sites have what we have...sho yo love in tribute to our lovely administrator Destee!!!!

Bishop has spoken!!!!

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Bishop ... :love: ... you're so good to me, so good to us, so good to this forum. Thank you.

I just want everyone to know that what I do here is what I love. God has blessed me to be able to live my dream and build this site, this forum ... be a part of this technology. It alone is a blessing, but add to that all of the love, support and participation given by all of you ... then it becomes much more than a blessing ... but what is that thing that is more than a blessing? A miracle? God opening up the heavens and pouring out a blessing? I mean, what is it? I don't know the word(s), but I do know that I have that thing, whatever it is called, because you all are here ... from all corners of the country and world ... interacting with each other, showing and giving love in such a positive and peaceful manner. We're all blessed by this.

While Bishop has made this request because he's so thoughtful like that, I want you to know that it's not really necessary. Your being here, inviting others, participating, showing love to all who come here ... making this place into a warm and inviting home for so many ... is more than I could have ever hoped for.

I'd like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the fact that I've not been posting, as in times past. Life has brought many challenges to me lately, requiring my time and attention. I remember when I welcomed every new Member, celebrated each birthday, and showed love to all who opened their hearts here. It does bother me that I've not been doing that lately. My only consolation is that you all are here, doing it. What a blessing! No one goes unwelcomed, no one's poetry is left without encouragement and praise. This is nothing but a blessing and I thank you all for what you give to each other.

I'm gonna stop now, because the tears have started flowing and I have a deadline I need to meet and I think I'm beginning to ramble.

:heart:

Destee

3. redlady

redlady Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Don't have a poem off the top of my head, but Destee, all I can say is HAAAAAAAAAAAY! Girl, you've been mad cool to me ever since the days of Afronet and I was lucky enough to follow you from there to this forum, where I have grown, shared, and also received love on many different levels, from both you and the brothers and sisters that come to Destee's playground. If I never took the time to say thank you before...I am taking the time to say thank you now. Thank you for giving me a place to kick off ma shoes and rest my feet and just be me...letting it all out and getting positive feedback. Thanks.

4. UbZoRbShUn

UbZoRbShUn Well-Known Member MEMBER

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    Destee

you da bomb.... what elze can I say. You've provided a shelter in the storm (yall old heads memba that time we spent in the shelter literally, I know)... By providing us with a safe haven you have laid the foundation for many a friendship. I know for a fact without this site I neva woulda found ma long lost relatives :D Reason, Layne and sherykah....neva would stumbled upon kem and him makin a sista thank:).

Preciate Ra's way of brangin the knowledge and naturally my nappz is thankin ya for Da Street So'ja and his consultations... my limited time as an XXXtreme memba:D (hey yall) and shoot just being here so we can holla at one anotha, hold each others hands in time of need and putting smiles on each others faces:)

One

5. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +86
    Hey Zorbie you're an Xtreme Memba until death.....You got a permanent key to the Lighthouse.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    without a doubt i have something so rare for our Queen
    a poetic flow will rain from my domain for 7 days and 7 nights
    in her honor and loyality she so pose to us
    and then the big one ......Bishop i'm on the job .

Destee i have something 4 U

7. herlove

herlove Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    i am fairly new to it all but felt a deep desire to express my self in the form of poetry and finding this forum has been a blessing because i have not been able to share this with those near to me and here at destee - a place of peace, love, friendship, and affirmation has give nothing less than the purest of joy and happiness. it something beautiful to be among those who thirst after life meanings in there own words of expression and know they are appreciated for that is even greater ..... thank you DESTEE ... i sense the beauty of your spirit and i pray God continues to renew this spirit daily

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    :wave: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay RedLady :wave:

No thanks is necessary :love: Having you here, your sweet spirit
    and contribution to this forum is thanks enough ... for true. With
    so many places to choose from, the fact that you choose to be a
    part of this family is all the thanks needed. :heart:

'Zorbsh'n ... Gurl ... lol @ our shelter days ... whew ... just like
    when we were growing up, having to wear hand-me-down stuff,
    eating every day, but not always what we wanted ... who would
    have ever thought then, that we could look back and smile on
    those days ... :lol: ... thinking about Sherykah's prayer for us
    while in da shelter ... Lawd that Chile is krazeeee ... 'Zorbsh'n your
    fire and zest for life, willingness to fight all oncomers, strength of
    men in a woman's body ... you know we are blessed to have you!
    Thank you My Sister :heart:

Sherykah ... Chile, I don't know what this day is for ... but looks
    like we is celebrate'n it ... but you know we aint never needed a
    reason to get our party on :party: ... hehehehe ... Love you gurl
    and I know you love me back ... :kiss:

HerLove ... thank you so much for joining us and taking the time
    to share your thoughts and thanks in this thread. It does my
    heart so much good when folk can walk by this place, peek in and
    see the love ... feeling welcome to come in and partake of the joy
    we have up in here ... ya know?? ... I know you know ... and it is
    each of us, every single one ... that makes this forum what it is ...
    Thanks for your contribution to the love fest we have goin on :love:

Thanks Yall

:heart:

Destee

9. blakverb

blakverb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    destee,

you know i got's love for ya...thank you for the home.

bless.

10. shaz

shaz Well-Known Member MEMBER

business/management
    Ratings:
    +1
    I find it hard to put into simple words the appreciation that I have for Destee and the foster home that she has created for us poetry orphans but I wanted her to know that I simply love my new home.

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you