Black Women : All My Friends Are Men

I am glad that I surrounded myself a few years ago with women of different ages, who knew of actual topics to talk about and who had activities outside of the mall or searching for a new man.

I hear you Jazzymoonchild,
I too guess I consider myself lucky. My friends and I talk about traveling, retirement, work, our childhood, family issues, mortgages, sports, and media. I could talk all day long about all the silly things I tried to do as a child and young adult...usually keeping everyone on the floor laughing.

People will only talk to you about things you allow them to put out there. If you don't like what someone is saying change the subject.

This seems to be an interesting post. I remember during undergraduate school I was always hearing about females not getting along with their roommate(s). I have observed that some females have the tendacy to think that they are royalty and want everything their way. If you object to something they say or do then there is a problem. Maybe she is just a drama queen. Furthermore, it may be because females are more likely to talk things out. We all know how gossip can get spread and then there is trouble not to far behind.

One problem I see in my middle school class is that the children are always putting each other down. Besides that all the fights at school are females!

My father once made the comment (talking about my generation in general) "Y'all talk too much." Meaning we discuss everything with each other... I mean, why would you dish all the good details about last's night romp with your significant other.. and NOT expect someone else to get curious?

We mainly put other's down when we're feeling insecure about ourselves. So, I guess many of us feel threatened when we perceive someone as doing "one better" than us.

I can honestly say that 95 percent of my good friends are men. I wouldn't say that I don't trust women, they just don't appeal to me when it comes to being friends. It's not done deliberately, it just seemed to happen over time. I can say that growing up, I had a house full of male family members, I was a basketball playing tomboy, and I tended to be surrounded by men at all times. The only girls that wanted to be my friends were those who wanted to be "friends (special friends)" with my brothers and cousins. They sort of built that mistrust. So I just never knew if these women were sincere friends or were attempting to get with the men I hung around.

I used to be a tomboy, and to this day I am still. I think that other females feel threatend by me. Not bragging or anything, but I am smart, look decent, and I love sports. Not only that, I have an older brother, and I used to hang out with him and his friends. So, I'm used to having males around. I have male friends because I'm most comfortable around them, not because I'm promiscuous. It's sad when you have to sleep around in order for guys to be around you. I've even had some guys to tell me that they can't hang around me because their girl has a problem with me. I've tried making female friends, but it's not as easy as some people think. Females seem to compete in everything--that's ridiculous! Also, I'm not into the girly things like teasets and things like that. Don't misundertand, I'M NOT A DYKE OR HOMO EITHER!!!!! Honestly, many females are too prissy; they're busy looking for a man wherever they go. What's wrong with going to a game or playing in a rough sport and just chillin' out and have a good time instead of always trying to have your t&a in some dude's face?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back