Black People : ALL MESSED UP!!!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Isaiah, May 17, 2006.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Yo, peops, I'm all messed up here!!!!

I'm listening to the DETROIT VS. CLEVELAND game on ESPN RADIO. and I'm lookin' at this PBS special on the GREAT Nat King Cole, and I am just messed up, man!!! What do I do, I'm like in heaven!!!LOL! Don't take a lot to make me giddy, huh???(smile!)

Cleveland 76 Detroit basketball 71 - at the Palace of Auburn Hills! Lebron(better than KOBE, 29 points!) Oh, boy!!!:jumping:

There was a boy, a very strange enchanted boy...LOL!

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I am locked on this game myself...

3. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Big O, this boy Lebron is TUR-R-R-R-ble, man! Could this be the end for DETROIT BASKETBALL???

And Nat is being talked about by his fine-*** daughter... OMG! I hate getting caught in situations like this - but I love it!!!LOL! I remember you talking about this brother as one of your favorite singers... The man was smoove like silk, no doubt... I just love the history - our history, brother... !0-million singles sold in 1952!!! Unreal!

Peace!
    Isaiah

4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Yeah i gotta check PBS later for that. Nat and Natalie...oh my!! I LOVE em both...but in a different way!lol!

Brother, I'm actually pulling for the Cavs..Remember he was MY frontrunner for MVP....Antonio Mcdyess is making the difference in this one..

5. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62

I'm with you in rooting for LEBRON KING JAMES... We are witnessing a phenomenon in this young man... Even Jordan was not on this level when he was 21 years old... Hell, he was still at North Carolina!!! And Kobe is out of the discussion - really... He's a wonderful individual talent, but this guy is on a level with KOBE, and he's 7 years younger... It's just flat stoopid, as we usta say... Ain to supposed to be, but just imagine this TIGHT END when he's 28 years old??? Regular MAN against a bunch of little boys... It's crazy, man!LOL!

But, yeah, I expect DETROIT to do what they do... "Champions" die hard, and they've tasted what it is to be champions, but this is a great experience for LeBron...

Brother O, Nat is such an under-rated superstar among our people, and I think it's because he sang pop, bascially... The same is true with RAY CHARLES, too... Those country westerns and the singing of American The Beautiful discredited him with a lot of us, including me, but the man was a pioneer talent, and I'm not talking about how he supposedly brought SOUL into R&B(LOL!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Now brother don't you know that I got much respect and love for my "Uncle R.C."

The thing about Nat is that I got hooked on his piano playing when I was in college. Some of the recordings with the Nat King Trio. As far as the pop songs, he was just vocalizing what Trane and Miles, etc. were playing at the time instrumentally...Ballads and show tunes.

I must say that along with Dinah Washington, and Little Esther who was a schoolmate of my Dad's (and Johnny "Guitar" Watson)...Nat and Ray were really my anchors in jazz and blues before I had learned anything about Miles, Monk, Bird, Diz, Trane, et.al

When my Dad passed part of my modest inheritance were some of Dinah and Ray's recordings....and one day I do need to add some more Nat to my collection....these were some real CLASSY folk..

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    PEACE BROTHER ISAIAH,

It's time for me to go concentrate on this Spurs/Mavs game...

You know I'm pulling for Dallas in this one..

8. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62

Well, that's great to know, because I've considered a thread on RAY, and if you'll agree to participate, I'll add NAT to that, because these brothers are our pioneers, and essential to discussions on our cultural history... They're both pretty controversial, too - as much to us, as to White Folks when they were out here blazing their peculiar trails...

Brother, I got to admit that a lot of my thoughts on our culture and cultural icons, I know, will meet with a lot ignorance from most, and that is why I am so hesitant to discuss them... For example, a lot of us have some very wack ideas about Sammy Davis Jr., Eartha Kitt, Dianne Carroll and so forth... We don't understand the value and worth of a Paul Robeson or Harry Belfonte, and we'd rather dwell on whom Sidney Poitier married, rather than his contributions to our community... We do the same stuff with OPRAH, whom I was told today, built like 50 homes for nothing but some BLACK FOLKS down in Mississippi, and has 50 more to come... Sorry for the digressions brother, but you know we're from the same era, and you know these stories... I would that we could get together, and distill the truth, dispell the mythology... It's necessary!LOL!

As for your mentioning of sister Little Esther Phillips, that is major controversial because of who "discovered" her...(LOL!) Now, you want me to bring that "brother" to this board???LOL! Think I will, because Johnny Otis is, in a word, AMAZING! The way this cat transcended his WHITENESS would meet with major skepticism at a site like DESTEES BLACK FORUM, and would be considered subversive by a lot of the Black Nationalist thinkers here... I cannot even begin to tell you what I thought of this man at firstLOL! But I'm gonna give his story a try at DESTEES... Hope I don't get bannedLOL!

YO, BRUH: CLEVELAND 86 DETROIT BASKETBALL 84, Hmmmmm...:juggle: :welldone:

Peace!
    Isaiah

9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Brother please...come with it!

Johnny Otis...yeah....another one of my Dad's "homies" (like Jesse Belvin) who either went to Jefferson High or played with their Swing band...and his son Shuggie was BADDD! can't hardly find any of Shuggie's music but he was a local legend....if you do another forum I will no doubt contribute...

these are the folks who really laid the foundation for "rock & roll"...two others that folks hardly know about but who heavily influenced me and my friends were Arthur Lee (and his band LOVE) and then there was Laverne Baker...I can't even find any of these folks music as some of my collection was stolen or "lost" ....Johnny Otis I think still does an oldies program on the college station in pasadena KPCC...white boy or not (actually I believe he is Greek) dude IS a "Soul Brother"...

10. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585