Black People : ALL Lives Matter!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Dec 22, 2014.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
  2. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    I. e., when for any number of reasons, a deranged black youth loses touch with reality, between that and the illusions being hyped and/or images ad naseum, via a very popular video game (called GRAND THEFT AUTO), only so much can be blamed on us, rather than most on the producers of such b. s.

What is motivated who in our midst we best get our minds around too...

FYI

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    While i appreciate and respect the struggles of other peoples on this planet, what i really appreciate is you not bringing theirs to my doorstep when we aren't in a position to help anyone....much less ourselves.

I assume that you had good intentions when you posted this and that your bleeding heart just cried out at all the pain they went through. Maybe the government should give our peoples some of the perks that they get. A lot of us might be better off. I for one would and could live a lot better with some tax exempt status. Yeah, my heart is bleeding too...just not for anyone outside of our own.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    black people are the only people that i am concerned with.......

5. illathruz

illathruz New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I gotta say, the best response that I've heard to the "all lives matter" hashtag came from a person of Asian descent.

He said: do people who use the #alllivesmatter hashtag also go to AIDS rallies with signs saying "cancer kills people too"?

A funny way to put it in my humble opinion. I think it's obvious that all lives matter but stating this ignores the issue at hand and minimizes their perspective.

Similarly "I can breath" - the NYPD affiliate slogan that is a response to the "I can't breath" slogan - ignores the issue at hand rather crudely. I mean, is that what one should say whilst strangling another? It's probably saying something along the lines of, because of police saving my life I can breath and am living. But true as that might be, it's a desperate grab of attention from a attention from a legitimately stated perspective.

Let us not steal attention from valid issues by hijacking their 15 minutes of fame, and create our own creative terms that merit their own limelight.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Respectful Respectful x 1
    • List
  6. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    The ties some of us also have with this regions indigenous folk was and is how we and they survived: Also do find out who else freed your enslaved african ancestors descendants: It wasn't just about failed black slave revolts etc. Or white union troops etc.

We were and are a diverse people, before and after we wound up here, poster...

FYI

7. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    So many black people continue to believe false notions of us in relationship to just white people in this one nation, can and will resolve our issues/problems/etc. :

You and others don't factor in other colored folks own past or present hassles ad naseum with the same parties....

Like it or not, it was or is our folk, who led the charge, from Crispus Attucks, to blind faith in Obama's bad judgement calls, etc.

It was brother Malcolm who raised the stakes, from mere Civil to Human Rights, and we need all of the allies we can come up with!

FYI

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    fool got bamboozled......

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    I don't just second guess what others did for us, in much different times, etc.

Also let's don't just rewrite our history books too...

I. e. , the past is just that, justifies what nobody chooses to believe, which via the here and now might be bound to be proven wrong, as well as I have come to consider Spike Lee's takes simplistic nonsense, with him seldom rising above/beyond/etc. being a token black moviemaker, as well..

FYI

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    You are new here (as far as I can guess):

Those who aren't already know/understand/etc. I'm about supporting all efforts to truly empower me and mine, them and theirs...

So, don't make me the issue, and I won't associate you with being part of the problem, etc.

Thanks!

FYI