destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
All Fights For Rights Are Not Created Equal

A message to gay rights advocates: Stop it. Enough already. Stop claiming your fight for equality is equal to African Americans' struggle for civil rights. The two are not the same.

Comparing gays and Blacks has become an increasingly popular tactic among those who plead for marriage equality and other equal treatment for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons. The strategy is crafty and it's smart.

What better way to gain a sympathetic ear than to tether your cause to a people who were enslaved, beaten, raped, murdered and had municipalities train their dogs and water hoses on them? The imagery is powerful to associate with - even if you haven't been on the business end of a couple hundred psi of fire hose. Even if your group hasn't been saddled with the same legacy of economic misfortune, employment inequity, and diminished self-esteem.

One of the latest incarnations of the shared experience claim appears in a Washington Post opinion piece written by columnist Jonathan Capehart. In his PostPartisan blog titled “Blacks and Gays: The Shared Struggle for Civil Rights,” Capehart argues that the two civil rights movements are comparable and equivalent.

Click Here to Read More : http://www.politicsincolor.com/node/694

:heart:

Destee

peace

This just shows how intense their dis-ease or degree of un-balance is in their choice of sexual partnership.

I don't know of any homosexuals who have been kidnapped and placed in chains, then forced onto ships being placed in tiny cubby's for months while barely being fed and being treated like animals! If anything in their sick world, this is what gay's and homo's do to themselves for some sick type of pleasure. There are a couple of gay clubs in manhattan where they say some real sick ish goes on....

Anyone ever heard of 'scatting'? And i'm not talking about what some of our older family did back in the day in regards to the blues.

btw, all people are not created equal. They are created equally due to the law that they are placed in.

Hotep Siblings,

This article informs two things. The most important, which continually goes over our heads, is the African influence toward "Liberation Theory." The second important information is the natural tendency of the European toward "sexual deviances" like Homosexuality.

For the former, we should congratulate ourselves that we have such a foremost role in what is ethical. This is not only seen in "Gay Rights" but "Women's Rights" too. Notice how "Women's Rights" follows "Black Rights" (in their three waves) for truly "Women's Rights" is a statement of "Black Women" against White society.

For the latter, I state that "Gay Rights" isn't our statement, but it adapts from our intelligence. These Gays make it explicit in that they study what we say and apply it to their own nature.

Take it as a compliment, but we do not need to worry about them. Gays run America. It's lack of popularity has to do with the African influences on America--but as this dwindles, as we forget ourselves, we can expect a resurgence of homosexuality and only hope that it does not plague us too much.

An Organization which looks into this problem is War on the Horizon.

See their intro clip: http://www.waronthehorizon.com/

I wish to develop ourselves so as to have us state proudly where we are strong geographically. That's not what my name means--Onitaset Kumat--but maybe someday it will. :)

Destee, don't forget to look for me in the whirlwind. :)

Hotep all,

All Fights For Rights Are Not Created Equal

A message to gay rights advocates: Stop it. Enough already. Stop claiming your fight for equality is equal to African Americans' struggle for civil rights. The two are not the same.

Comparing gays and Blacks has become an increasingly popular tactic among those who plead for marriage equality and other equal treatment for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons. The strategy is crafty and it's smart.

What better way to gain a sympathetic ear than to tether your cause to a people who were enslaved, beaten, raped, murdered and had municipalities train their dogs and water hoses on them? The imagery is powerful to associate with - even if you haven't been on the business end of a couple hundred psi of fire hose. Even if your group hasn't been saddled with the same legacy of economic misfortune, employment inequity, and diminished self-esteem.

One of the latest incarnations of the shared experience claim appears in a Washington Post opinion piece written by columnist Jonathan Capehart. In his PostPartisan blog titled “Blacks and Gays: The Shared Struggle for Civil Rights,” Capehart argues that the two civil rights movements are comparable and equivalent.

Click Here to Read More : http://www.politicsincolor.com/node/694

:heart:

Destee

This is so frustrating as an African American and really, for many of us who do not agree with this kind of propaganda of which groups our oppressions with Homosexuals, in my opinion, it defines captivity.

well.. I guess if you actually subscribe to the idea that we overcame and won somekind of civil rights struggle.. I could see how this could upset you. But if you, like me, for example, understand that the Civil Rights act of 1964 was nothing more than a redistribution of wealth from black communities to white communities.. and a calculated move to deconstruct the communities that had spawned the social turmoil of the 50's and early 60's and promised even more turmoil if left unchecked.

That aside..

I see the LGBT movement as nothing more than the creation of another Platform to power for another group of white people. Same as the Green party.. Their (white folks) traditional Platforms are full so, they create new ones to stand on. If they succeed their may even be enough room on their platform for a Black section.. in the back of course.. the Black LGBT section.. they could sponsor all kinds of events and marches.. We could have Black Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual History week.. and rally for some BLGBT shows on BET. Have BLGBT Rappers for Africa concerts.. the whole nine.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back