Black Education / Schools : All college students should take a mandatory course on black history and white privilege

Please Donate

I need your help. destee.com will be 25 years old in October and I don't know that we'll make it. It is hard to keep us alive right now. Our costs have only increased over the years. We have all put our love into this community, but love is not enough to keep the lights on. destee.com needs your financial help too. We are the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world. Please help us remain. Click the Donate button below or CashApp $8664destee - Thank you.

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:

Middle school teacher allegedly told students to 'write something funny' under photos of enslaved people

According to NBC, a spokesman for the school district would not comment on whether the teacher involved was still working at the school during the investigation...

A teacher at a Long Island middle school is under investigation for asking students to write funny captions under photos of enslaved people. (Photo: Facebook)

A teacher at a Long Island middle school is under investigation for asking students to write "funny" captions under photos of enslaved people. (Photo: Facebook)

Hope Schreiber
Writer
Yahoo Lifestyle

Drjrice2

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 27, 2020
I believe that taking such a course can be beneficial to Black persons as well as students from other racial and ethnic groups. I did not fully grasp the experience of my people until I had the opportunity to take two courses that centered on Black history and white privilege. The first class examined the pre and post Trans Atlantic slave period up to contemporary society. The second course had a global focus and highlighted the relationship between Africa and Europe. I must say that those lessons and the related textbooks are still in my library today and challenged me to critically think about the State of Black America in the context of our history. It is also important for other groups to understand the real truths related to our experience and understand why reparations is just one means of restitution and accountability for the systemic barriers and harms we have shouldered from other groups that worked to deny us equality.

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I believe that taking such a course can be beneficial to Black persons as well as students from other racial and ethnic groups. I did not fully grasp the experience of my people until I had the opportunity to take two courses that centered on Black history and white privilege. The first class examined the pre and post Trans Atlantic slave period up to contemporary society. The second course had a global focus and highlighted the relationship between Africa and Europe. I must say that those lessons and the related textbooks are still in my library today and challenged me to critically think about the State of Black America in the context of our history. It is also important for other groups to understand the real truths related to our experience and understand why reparations is just one means of restitution and accountability for the systemic barriers and harms we have shouldered from other groups that worked to deny us equality.

Well said Drjrice2, well put indeed.

Latest profile posts

2022 Has started and I hope everyone is having a safe and protected journey as we navigate this game of life
during this pandemic. We are not easily defeated so protect your momentum at all times. One Love.
Kemetstry wrote on Cindy's profile.
Why are you following me?
Destee wrote on Jahari Kavi's profile.
Hi Brother @Jahari Kavi ... Welcome Home! Good to see you! YAAAAAY Us! :love:
Destee wrote on Orisons's profile.
Hi Brother @Orisons ... good to see you in the house, stay safe always please :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss: