Black Positive People : All Black Male School 100% College Bound

cherryblossom

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 28, 2009

Urban Prep Academy senior Keith Greer, along with his classmates, celebrates the news they will receive a free prom in Chicago because 100 percent of the graduating class was accepted into 4-year colleges or universities. (Tribune photo by Heather Charles / March 5, 2010)

Every Urban Prep senior is college-bound
100 percent of first senior class at all male, all African-American Englewood academy is accepted to universities

By Duaa Eldeib, Tribune reporter
8:43 p.m. CST, March 5, 2010

Four years ago, Bryant Alexander watched his mother weep.

She stared down at a muddle of D's and F's on his eighth-grade report card and threatened to kick him out. He had barely passed elementary school, and high school wasn't even on his radar.

"Something just clicked," Alexander, now 18, said. "I knew I had to do something."

On Friday, Alexander proudly swapped his high school's red uniform tie for a striped red and gold one — the ritual at Englewood's Urban Prep Academy for Young Men that signifies a student has been accepted into college.

As the Roseland resident and 12 others tied their knots, Chicago's only public all-male, all-African-American high school fulfilled its mission: 100 percent of its first senior class had been accepted to four-year colleges.....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/happynews/ct-met-urban-prep-college-20100305,0,3299917.story

Urban Prep Academy senior Keith Greer, along with his classmates, celebrates the news they will receive a free prom in Chicago because 100 percent of the graduating class was accepted into 4-year colleges or universities. (Tribune photo by Heather Charles / March 5, 2010)

100 percent of first senior class at all male, all African-American Englewood academy is accepted to universities.

The arguments for same sex schools have not convinced me that they should exist, but I do support an all african-american and african centered education. I am very proud of these youngsters, and I hope they keep the '100%' rate at college graduation.

Well, how about that?!... Much respect to all of these young brothers, I myself did not have the drive to complete high school, so this is inspiring to me. Wow a full 100 percent?!, sis, that is not only awesome, that is monumental to say the least. All I can really say is keep on doing you, and hold onto what you dream for. From the parents, staff, students, and others involved, I feel I should thank, and honor you all for your dedication to seeing that this was made possible.... brilliant young minds! You all are future leaders, and you have my word that I will continue to, strive more to be beacons of love, compassion, truth, understanding, strength to any, especially my Brothers, Mothers, Fathers, and Daughters... Thank you, little Kings.

Well, how about that?!... Much respect to all of these young brothers, I myself did not have the drive to complete high school, so this is inspiring to me. Wow a full 100 percent?!, sis, that is not only awesome, that is monumental to say the least. All I can really say is keep on doing you, and hold onto what you dream for. From the parents, staff, students, and others involved, I feel I should thank, and honor you all for your dedication to seeing that this was made possible.... brilliant young minds! You all are future leaders, and you have my word that I will continue to, strive more to be beacons of love, compassion, truth, understanding, strength to any, especially my Brothers, Mothers, Fathers, and Daughters... Thank you, little Kings.
Great, now how do we replicate this?

Across he nation?

At present admissions are by lottery or luck,

but with 800 bilion dollars can't we afford to make this kind of enrichment available to every single Black young woman and young man in the nation?

We have something to work on.

The facts are clear, this works, now how do we simply make this available to all?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back