Ms Drea

STAFF
STAFF
Oct 16, 2004
Illinois
Occupation
Educator
This is BLACK LOVE for sure!!!!
I think Bro Soul also posted this great news recently!!!
This is a good thang!!!
These Brothers deserve all the gifts they get. I am certain they must have had
great Mentors and the correct Rites of Passage that all our young brothers need and deserve.:qqb015:
Love & Blessings,
DREA

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Urban Prep charter school again beats the odds
All seniors accepted to college for second year in row

By Noreen S. Ahmed-Ullah, Tribune reporter
9:32 p.m. CST, February 16, 2011

Fire broke out in Cedric Abdul-Hakeem's Englewood home Dec. 31. After making sure everyone was out safely, the 17-year-old re-entered the smoke-filled home to retrieve his laptop.

"My laptop had all my applications, and most college applications are due Jan. 1," explained Abdul-Hakeem. "I figured if my laptop burns, I'm through."

He got his laptop. He got the applications in on time. And so far, he's been accepted to half a dozen colleges, including Grinnell College in Iowa, where most of his tuition will be paid through scholarships and grants.

Abdul-Hakeem is yet another Urban Prep success story. For the second consecutive year, every single senior in Chicago's only public all-male, all-African-American high school has been accepted to a four-year college or university.

In all, the 104 members of the 2011 graduating class have been accepted to 103 colleges...

continued here: http://mirroronamerica.blogspot.com/2011/02/positive-young-black-male-news-urban.html

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
I am so proud of these young men , stories like this bring rash of tears
because this say we headed into a fullfilling future......All black youth not bad
gangbangers or dealers in jail or on a crime watch !

Just proud and to say 100% means everyone not a one was left behind

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
I am so proud of these young men , stories like this bring rash of tears
because this say we headed into a fullfilling future......All black youth not bad
gangbangers or dealers in jail or on a crime watch !

Just proud and to say 100% means everyone not a one was left behind
This is exciting, invigorating, inspiring, and certainly should be motivational for the young people in our communities, if only they would have this chance of an opportunity!!

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
I am rejoicing with and for these young brothers!

And I am proud for them and of them as their lives and goals continue to dispel the MYTH that there are more Black men in prison than in COLLEGE.

Continue to SHATTER those stereotypes, young brothers! :toast:

...and for those who thought the 1st year was a fluke, they DID IT AGAIN! :jumping:

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
I am rejoicing with and for these young brothers!

And I am proud for them and of them as their lives and goals continue to dispel the MYTH that there are more Black men in prison than in COLLEGE.

Continue to SHATTER those stereotypes, young brothers! :toast:

...and for those who thought the 1st year was a fluke, they DID IT AGAIN! :jumping:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/29/urban-prep-graduates-all-_n_2981203.html

Urban Prep Graduates All College-Bound For Fourth Year In A Row

Posted: 03/29/2013 5:26 pm EDT | Updated: 03/29/2013 5:51 pm EDT

For a remarkable fourth consecutive year, all 167 seniors at Urban Prep Academies schools have been accepted at four-year colleges or universities this fall.

Students of the two Chicago public charter high schools -- located in the city's Englewood and University Village neighborhoods -- gathered Thursday morning to celebrate the achievement of their schools, which some have dubbed "Hogwarts in the Hood" for their impressive, seemingly magical rates of success, CBS Chicago reports.

Still, Urban Prep's founder and CEO Tim King says, "the only magic going on at Urban Prep is the magic that these guys put in with their hard work and dedication.”

Some of the students at Urban Prep have overcome harrowing odds along their paths to college. Over the past several months, graduating senior Pravione Winding, 17, endured both the loss of his grandmother to cancer and his father to a fatal shooting during a dice game on the city's South Side in January, the Chicago Tribune reports.

All 167 graduating seniors of Chicago's Urban Prep Academies are college-bound for the fourth consecutive year.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍