Black Positive People : All Black Male School 100% College Bound

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009

Urban Prep Academy senior Keith Greer, along with his classmates, celebrates the news they will receive a free prom in Chicago because 100 percent of the graduating class was accepted into 4-year colleges or universities. (Tribune photo by Heather Charles / March 5, 2010)

Every Urban Prep senior is college-bound
100 percent of first senior class at all male, all African-American Englewood academy is accepted to universities

By Duaa Eldeib, Tribune reporter
8:43 p.m. CST, March 5, 2010

Four years ago, Bryant Alexander watched his mother weep.

She stared down at a muddle of D's and F's on his eighth-grade report card and threatened to kick him out. He had barely passed elementary school, and high school wasn't even on his radar.

"Something just clicked," Alexander, now 18, said. "I knew I had to do something."

On Friday, Alexander proudly swapped his high school's red uniform tie for a striped red and gold one — the ritual at Englewood's Urban Prep Academy for Young Men that signifies a student has been accepted into college.

As the Roseland resident and 12 others tied their knots, Chicago's only public all-male, all-African-American high school fulfilled its mission: 100 percent of its first senior class had been accepted to four-year colleges.....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/happynews/ct-met-urban-prep-college-20100305,0,3299917.story

medusanegrita

Mar 13, 2010
STL Missouri
Urban Prep Academy senior Keith Greer, along with his classmates, celebrates the news they will receive a free prom in Chicago because 100 percent of the graduating class was accepted into 4-year colleges or universities. (Tribune photo by Heather Charles / March 5, 2010)

100 percent of first senior class at all male, all African-American Englewood academy is accepted to universities.
The arguments for same sex schools have not convinced me that they should exist, but I do support an all african-american and african centered education. I am very proud of these youngsters, and I hope they keep the '100%' rate at college graduation.

Josef

Oct 28, 2008
Occupation
Electrical wiring tech
Well, how about that?!... Much respect to all of these young brothers, I myself did not have the drive to complete high school, so this is inspiring to me. Wow a full 100 percent?!, sis, that is not only awesome, that is monumental to say the least. All I can really say is keep on doing you, and hold onto what you dream for. From the parents, staff, students, and others involved, I feel I should thank, and honor you all for your dedication to seeing that this was made possible.... brilliant young minds! You all are future leaders, and you have my word that I will continue to, strive more to be beacons of love, compassion, truth, understanding, strength to any, especially my Brothers, Mothers, Fathers, and Daughters... Thank you, little Kings.

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
Well, how about that?!... Much respect to all of these young brothers, I myself did not have the drive to complete high school, so this is inspiring to me. Wow a full 100 percent?!, sis, that is not only awesome, that is monumental to say the least. All I can really say is keep on doing you, and hold onto what you dream for. From the parents, staff, students, and others involved, I feel I should thank, and honor you all for your dedication to seeing that this was made possible.... brilliant young minds! You all are future leaders, and you have my word that I will continue to, strive more to be beacons of love, compassion, truth, understanding, strength to any, especially my Brothers, Mothers, Fathers, and Daughters... Thank you, little Kings.
Great, now how do we replicate this?

Across he nation?

At present admissions are by lottery or luck,

but with 800 bilion dollars can't we afford to make this kind of enrichment available to every single Black young woman and young man in the nation?

We have something to work on.

The facts are clear, this works, now how do we simply make this available to all?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kadijah Black Education / Schools : All black/all male school grads get college scholarships Black Education / Schools 0
Perfection Black People Politics : In Context Series: The Construction of Black Male Identity in Black Action Films of the 90s Black People Politics 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : white woman-charged-with-raping-a-black male-taxi-driver Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Liberty Black Relationships : Here's Why Black Women Should Stop Complaining About the Male/Female Ratio Black Relationships 28
Kemetstry Black People : WHITE MALE KILLS 9 AT BLACK CHURCH Black People Open Forum 264
blazejay Black People : Help What country should a single,black male professional move to? Black People Open Forum 9
S Black Men : The Effeminization of the Black Male Black Men 41
cherryblossom Black Education / Schools : 2012 Black Male Summit on Education Black Education / Schools 1
chuck Black People : The Black Male--Then And Now-! Black People Open Forum 0
cherryblossom Black Positive People : "Black Male Achievement Fellows" Black People Doing Positive Things 6
RAPTOR Black Relationships : Dr. Amos Wilson: Black Male And Female Relationships Black Relationships 0
chuck Black People : Black Male Female Issues - Problems Concern the Posters Here? Black People Open Forum 46
Amnat77 Black People : Baltimore’s Black Male Students Show Improvement Black People Open Forum 2
MsInterpret Black Education / Schools : Where did all the black male teachers go? Black Education / Schools 17
Omowale Jabali Black Relationships : Black Male/Female Inequality Black Relationships 7
SpiritualONE Black People : Countdown to the Extinction of the Black Male Black People Open Forum 35
I Black Men : black male image Black Men 9
D Black Relationships : Money Issues In Black Male and Female Relationships by George Subira. N-E-1 read it? Black Relationships 0
G Black Events : A FREE Conference Geared Toward Black Male Empowerment! Black Events 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Misrepresentation Of Black Female-Male Relationship!!! Chief Elder Osiris 1
E Black People : BLACK MALE ANGER IS ATTRIBUTABLE TO BEING REARED IN FEMALE-HEADED HOUSEHOLDS??? Black People Open Forum 18
D Black People : White ADULT FEMALE teachers black MALE students Black People Open Forum 6
Destee The Black Male Threat Black Men 1
D Black People : Sheriff says black male has Chee Wee hairstyles amongst other things Black People Open Forum 0
S Black Relationships : Understanding the black male.... Black Relationships 31
Destee The Black Male Ego Black Men 114
Isaiah Black People : DOES THE LACK OF BLACK MALE PRESENCE IN BLACK FAMILIES HURT YOUG BLACK FEMALES??? Black People Open Forum 12
H Black Relationships : Black vs. White Women Poll Results (A Black male poll) Black Relationships 21
B Black People : ALL BLACK MALE SCHOOLS Black People Open Forum 39
Queenie The Social Status of the Black Male in America 2000 Black Men 1
Destee Jails / Prisons : Teen Black Male has Consensual Sex with Teen White Female - Gets 10 Years Prison Time Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 5
R Black Relationships : Black Male Shortage - Myth or Reality? Black Relationships 295
HODEE Black People : ADOS Its origins, troublesome ties and fears it's dividing Black folk in the fight for reparations _ IS ANY OF THIS AFFILIATION TRUE? Black People Open Forum 2
C Black People : Black On Black Crime Is Pro-Racist Black People Open Forum 0
F Black People : Free Black Youth Empowerment Program PowerFIlled Youth TO Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Short Stories : 15 Essential Books on Black History Everyone Needs to Read Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
SwagII Black Relationships : Funerals, The New Black Family Reunions... Black Relationships 0
C Black People : Again, Listen Up Black Afrikan People!!! Black People Open Forum 0
S Black People : Joe Biden's "Talking to Black People" mode. Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Women : Black Women, Grillz, And The Reclamation Of Power Black Women 0
C Black People : What Is It Tat Have Black Afrikan People? Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : NEW BLACK WALL STREET EXCHANGE Black Money Business Jobs 0
P Black People : "Evony : the kings return" game- Need help on a racist in a game that threaten to shoot black people Black People Open Forum 2
Kemetstry Black People : BLACK LIVES MATTER AND OTHER MOVEMENTS Black People Open Forum 39
Destee Black People Politics : North Carolina city approves reparations for Black residents Black People Politics 3
G Law Forum : Coronavirus Black Lives Matter Protest President Trump Upcoming Election & Martial Law Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Writeous1 Black People : Exposed - The New Black Panther Party & the NFAC Black People Open Forum 5
HODEE Black People : What is Really Bothering You Is " Black " Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Black People Politics : BLACK NATIONAL ANTHEM TO BE PLAYED AT NFL GAME OPENER Black People Politics 3
C Black People : Divine Truth About Black Lives Matters Black People Open Forum 1