Africa : Alkebulan - the real name of Africa (?)

Well, I looked into all of the links provided and I am still at a loss...

Bro. Clyde, can you offer any etymology on this word ALKEBULAN?

How do you define etymology and what would be acceptable to you?

How do you define etymology and what would be acceptable to you?

I define etymology based on its definition presented:

The MERRIAN-WEBSTER:

the history of a linguistic form (such as a word) shown by tracing its development since its earliest recorded occurrence in the language where it is found, by tracing its transmission from one language to another, by analyzing it into its component parts, by identifying its cognates in other languages, or by tracing it and its cognates to a common ancestral form in an ancestral language
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/etymology

and, then Wikipedia:

Etymology … is the study of the history of words. [1] By extension, the term “the etymology (of a word)” means the origin of the particular word and for place names, there is a specific term, toponymy.

For Greek—with a long written history—etymologists make use of texts, and texts about the language, to gather knowledge about how words were used during earlier periods and when they entered the language. Etymologists also apply the methods of comparative linguistics to reconstruct information about languages that are too old for any direct information to be available.

By analyzing related languages with a technique known as the comparative method, linguists can make inferences about their shared parent language and its vocabulary. In this way, word roots have been found that can be traced all the way back to the origin of, ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etymology

I have looked at script to see this word used as far back as it has been scripted, and so far it has not been dated that far back in time even in any translations. But when I look at root words that compose the word 'ALKEBULAN' I can accept that Dr. Ben perhaps has formed his findings on root words like

Kebulan
Gebu
Jebus
El-Gebel ...

I see these root words in early script and therefore, I believe Dr. Ben and you, on this basis.

...and so far it has not been dated that far back in time even in any translations. But when I look at root words that compose the word 'ALKEBULAN' I can accept that Dr. Ben perhaps has formed his findings on root words like
Kebulan Gebu Jebus El-Gebel ...
I see these root words in early script and therefore, I believe Dr. Ben and you, on this basis.

Well said and moreover, the Greeks and Romans simply destroyed the artifacts in order to create a "control tactic" as you rightly claimed earlier.

They changed the indigenous name to Africa, thus making it very difficult to recovery it's indigenous roots or confirmed etymology...

The name ‘Africa’ stems from the time when the Roman Empire took occupation of the majority of the continent. As is the practice in these type war times, the “Romans sought to completely disconnect the indigenous Africans with their culture, deities, and knowledge. This could only be successfully done by renaming the all archetypical icons, thereby disconnecting the significance, meaning, and sacredness from any specific archetype.”
(http://redsea1.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=2562581)

Read more about the Greek and Roman influence on Africa’s etymology.

As I stumbled across quite a few forums and discussions about this very matter, it became clear that there is a very present and real debate on the go about the origin of our continent’s name, and what I found is that our motherland’s true name is: Alkebulan.

According to the following resource: Kemetic History of Afrika; the definition of Alkebulan is as follows:
“The ancient name of Africa was Alkebulan.
Alkebu-lan “mother of mankind” or “garden of eden”.
Alkebulan is the oldest and the only word of indigenous origin. It was used by the Moors, Nubians, Numidians, Khart-Haddans (Carthagenians), and Ethiopians.

Africa, the current misnomer adopted by almost everyone today , was given to this continent by the ancient Greeks and Romans. ”

Last edited:
The name ‘Africa’ stems from the time when the Roman Empire took occupation of the majority of the continent. As is the practice in these type war times, the “Romans sought to completely disconnect the indigenous Africans with their culture, deities, and knowledge. This could only be successfully done by renaming the all archetypical icons, thereby disconnecting the significance, meaning, and sacredness from any specific archetype.”
(http://redsea1.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=2562581)

Thank you.

Yes, I do agree in what the Greeks and Romans did but also the Arabic terminology fits into this too. LIke the quote you posted, most of the comments show that there was no one name though, for all of the continent. I too believe that the root name in 'Africa' goes way back to pre-flood origins, but has been distorted.

Alkebulan is the oldest and the only word of indigenous origin

Bro CLyde, I acknowledge that you believe this.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back