Africa : Alkebulan - the real name of Africa (?)

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
Brother imhotep06,

It could be debated whether or not the term Alkebu-lan is indigenous, but what cannot be debated is the fact that it is the oldest indigenous term used to identify the Latin word, Africa. Kwesi Ra Nehem Ptah Akhan argues it this way:

“The term is in reality an arabic-influenced term used by Afurakanu/Afuraitkaitnut who had been arabized through the practice of the pseudo-religion of islam.”
http://www.genealogyforum.rootsweb.com/messages/genbbs.cgi/AARA/6696

I take that to mean the Nubians and Moors preceded White Arabs, founders of pseudo-Islam, and the influence of Arabic begins the etymology of the word, Alkebu-lan; so that, it is indeed indigenous to Blacks, which is to say, non-Greeks or non-Romans.

In like fashion, Dr. Ben posits the terms “Alkebu-lan, Ethiopia, Corphye, Oretgia, Oceania, Libya, Hesperia,” are various names “this continent was called by the ancients.” pp. 12, Black Man of the Nile.

Recognizing your solution, African people need to get together and rename redefine a new identity, as admirable; but would take considerable time to achieve, I elect to continue with the term Alkebu-lan, based on the foregoing.

Thanks for sharing, Bro. Clyde.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Thanks for sharing, Bro. Clyde.

.......Thank you my sister friend cherryblossom, I thought about this thread all while having this discourse yesterday, but was too lazy to pull it:)

Brother imhotep06,
It could be debated whether or not the term Alkebu-lan is indigenous, but what cannot be debated is the fact that it is the oldest indigenous term used to identify the Latin word, Africa. Kwesi Ra Nehem Ptah Akhan argues it this way:
“The term is in reality an arabic-influenced term used by Afurakanu/Afuraitkaitnut who had been arabized through the practice of the pseudo-religion of islam.”
I take that to mean the Nubians and Moors preceded White Arabs, founders of pseudo-Islam, and the influence of Arabic begins the etymology of the word, Alkebu-lan; so that, it is indeed indigenous to Blacks, which is to say, non-Greeks or non-Romans.
In like fashion, Dr. Ben posits the terms “Alkebu-lan, Ethiopia, Corphye, Oretgia, Oceania, Libya, Hesperia,” are various names “this continent was called by the ancients.” pp. 12, Black Man of the Nile.
Recognizing your solution, African people need to get together and rename, redefine a new identity, is admirable; but would take considerable time to achieve, I elect to continue with the term Alkebu-lan, based on the foregoing.
Clyde C. Coger, Jr.

...Quite frankly, I get tired of going over the same thing, over and over, lol...its not like we've not had this discussion on Africa, Alkebu-lan, Ta-Merry etc...before, a understatement:), so, rightly or wrongly, I'm rolling with Dr. Ben and Alkebu-lan and others (you know who they are, lol) can do as they please:)...Peace In,

P.S. Some (actually most) don't realize in this case, ChosenSeed that Dr. Ben revised Black Man of the Nile, 1970 into Black Man of the Nile and His Family, 1972, lol, two(2) separate works closely titled

Last edited:
O

osab ogbeiwi

I'm not a scholar or historian but Africa as a whole did not all have the same language. but the world has brought us to a point where most black people can communicate let us not focus on the mistakes of history but focus on a future of unity for us and our children

with love God is the judge

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I'm not a scholar or historian but Africa as a whole did not all have the same language. but the world has brought us to a point where most black people can communicate let us not focus on the mistakes of history but focus on a future of unity for us and our children

with love God is the judge
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Good having you post up with us osab ogbeiwi. Please continue to chime in as a guest, or go ahead and join up as a member; we'd love to have you.

We touch and agree on the contents you offered as well.

Peace In,

Last edited:
J

Jimale

Salam brothers.

I'm new in this forum. I browsed the internet in order
to know the origins of the appellation "Alkebulan" but
didn't find enough information.

According to one source:

"
ALKEBU-LAN is an ancient name for Africa, which originated
from the African Moors. The Moors occupied northern Africa
and southern Europe from approximately the 7th to the 15th
century A.D. ALKEBU-LAN, which is ancient Arabic, means
"The Land of the Blacks."
"

Is there sombebody who knows the real meaning of Alkebulan?
Perhaps brother "Alkebulantaazar" who posted many messages
in this forum could help. I think that once we'll be aware of our
history and symbols/names, we will be able to build the new Africa.

I need your help, brothers.

Salam.

sunjata

The mening of "Among the many names Alkebu-lan ["mother of mankind" or "garden of eden"] was called are the following: "Ethiopia, Corphye, Ortegia, Libya and Africa - the latest of all. Alkebulan is the oldest and the only one of indigenous origin

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: