Black People : Alicia Keys and Halle Berry taking a stance for Bi-Racial Women

MAN

That Jones Boy said:
Brother street Solja its too clear one can't deny the evidence of their own Eyes Michael Jackson is the only person known to mankind that thinks becoming a comic book mutation is a positive move.lol
LOL we better quit while we are ahead though before someone says we are having to many jokes on a serious issue thread :)
I figure its a good thing for Keyes and Berry to be acknowledging who they are

YOU ARE KILLIN' ME

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

THANKS FOR A GOOD LAUGH

That Jones Boy said:
I have never considered Bi racials as black bi racials are what the are a mix of two races.
to me to be black then at least the majority of the bloodline should be black (Afrikan) at the extreme end of the scale if the much vaunted race war ever happens are you relly going to think a bi racial could be relied on to fight for the black side? against their own mother or father ect.
on a less extreme side can one really apply the same concepts of black pride such as sticking to ones " own" to someone who is just as much part of the other side ? if one believes the ultimate solution to gaining black indepedence and freedom is divorcing from non blacks could you even think a person with a white parent is going to divorce from them?

As for the law no disrespect to the person that brought it up but why the heck should we use a outdated white racist law to define who is black.
That same law defines anyone with any amount of black blood as black, are we going to define those with 1 percent Afrikan blood as black just because of some racist white American legaleze was created that defined black blood as so posionous that even 1 percent of it was so contaminting that a person with even one percent of it could no longer be considered white.

Like most white American laws its racist in the extreme and detrimental to the black race.
The fact that bi racials are legally defined as black in the US is from the same legal minds that believed owning black folks, lyniching black folk, and not allowing black folk the vote was fine remember all of those things were also part of the laws of Amerikkka at one time too.
It was all about white blood being so pure, superior and precious that even a single drop of another races blood contaminated it.
Its also a uniquly white American racist concept, even in other racst white nations such as the UK and most of Europe bI racials are not considered or termed as black (though they are often part of the black polotical scene) but in general such individuals with 50 50 bloolines are termed as bi racials or mixed race and other less flattering terms such as halfcaste (and are in almost every other land than Amerikkka considered a distinct group of their own,
Fyi that tends to be the case whatever the mix is werher its white and Asian black ad white Black and Asian black and Indian ect.
Why should we of all people be using racist white Americas law to define who is one of us, also its notable that no other race defines people of mixed relationships as one of theirs Asians do not consider those off Asian- other to be Asian whites don't consider those of white -other relationships to be white.
doesn't it tell you something that only black Americans accept or term the products of biracial relationhips as one of ours and doesn't it say something that only by white American laws are such people considered to be black.and when the mix is something other than a white and black one these same rules are not employed.
I for one am not about to use a white racist law as a bench mark for who I define as black. neither is it about skin tone behavior or feature type, to me its bloodlines and it has to be majorative black (as in Afrikan or "negro" since some people like to mess with the term black and include some brown skin Asiatics and Aborigines ) if someone is fifty percent "black" and fifty percent other then their not black to me I don't hate on them but their just not black too me.
To me terming those of equally white as black bloodlines as black just seems to be playing along with racist white laws rhat were creatd to protect white "purity" and considered the black race as so inferior that how diluted the bloodline was really didn't matter and so it was okay to term anyone even those with equally other bloodlines and often more other than black in them as black .
In the event of a race war, non-Blacks would "off" biracials too, simply because they are seen as Black; so to me, that's not an issue. I see what you're saying, That Jones Boy, but the way I figure it is: if I were biracial, I would definately identify as Black, not because whites wouldn't accept me, but just because Black is beautiful to me. The reason why other racial groups don't accept biracials into their racial family is because they're sick and are mocking whites in their exclusive ways. There's NO denying a biracial is not the EXACT same as a Black person with two Black parents; I just feel it's futile to acknowledge a white ?culture? and a Black culture simultaneously, given the history & relations between the two in the past & present. This is something IR couples should take into consideration before they procreate. I notice most of the time the parents of biracials claim "color doesn't matter"... but they never instill that ideal in their children.

E.G, my s/o is multiracial, but he identifies as Black, despite him being born in Germany, to a German mother and German being his first language; plus, looking closer to white. His father was hard-pressed for him to identify as multiracial... to no avail. There are plenty of mixed race people like that; my father being one. Why some people find that so hard to believe is beyond me. Maybe you all are used to seeing mixed race people in the media parading how Black they aren't, but where I'm from, almost 30% of the African Americans were mixed race; of that figure, 60% identified as Black. To me it isn't about the percentage, but about the loyalty and dedication to the Black race. As fast as a biracial can "betray" you, a fully Black person can do the same. I wonder why some biracials take their one-drop frustration out on Blacks; we didn't make the rule, and we sure aren't the ones who can FORCE whites to accept them.

Peace

It's irrelevant to say what would happen if a true race war ever came to pass simply because nobody knows how something of that magnitude would go down. There are too many variables that would be involved to say "this is how it'd happen and this is who would side with who " .

Biracial identity is a sticky issue because usually they (we) can identify with whoever we want within reason depending on physical characteristics however who one identifies with has nothing to do with who he or she truly is.

Regardless of who one chooses to identify with the fact still remains that the child born to parents of different races can't truly be one or the other. I consider myself a Black man but truth be told I'm not truly a Black man because of my birth parents so who I identify with has nothing to do with who I actually am.

If Halle and Alicia gained some inner freedom from finally embracing who they are then good for them I'm happy for them.

Brother O what's good? With my question of the child born to a Chinese and Mexican parent you're right sort of . They would be called Chino if they had overtly Asian characteristics but that means nothing because they wouldn't be Chinese , they can't be full Chinese with one Mexican parent.

On old Mike well , er uh.....yeah man , uh, I just don't know what to say about Mike man, I wonder sometimes though does he regret any of what he did to himself. I personally feel sorry for folks who shape themselves into what everyone else wants them to be instead of being who they truly are.

MississippiRed

MississippiRed said:
It's irrelevant to say what would happen if a true race war ever came to pass simply because nobody knows how something of that magnitude would go down. There are too many variables that would be involved to say "this is how it'd happen and this is who would side with who " .

Biracial identity is a sticky issue because usually they (we) can identify with whoever we want within reason depending on physical characteristics however who one identifies with has nothing to do with who he or she truly is.

Regardless of who one chooses to identify with the fact still remains that the child born to parents of different races can't truly be one or the other. I consider myself a Black man but truth be told I'm not truly a Black man because of my birth parents so who I identify with has nothing to do with who I actually am.

If Halle and Alicia gained some inner freedom from finally embracing who they are then good for them I'm happy for them.

Brother O what's good? With my question of the child born to a Chinese and Mexican parent you're right sort of . They would be called Chino if they had overtly Asian characteristics but that means nothing because they wouldn't be Chinese , they can't be full Chinese with one Mexican parent.

On old Mike well , er uh.....yeah man , uh, I just don't know what to say about Mike man, I wonder sometimes though does he regret any of what he did to himself. I personally feel sorry for folks who shape themselves into what everyone else wants them to be instead of being who they truly are.

MississippiRed

Ah brother, Red, I wish it was all good, but Im hangin'.

I see you missed my point.Sorry bout dat.

Okay, lemme explain like dis.

Think outside "race".

You know it dont matter if homie is all Mexican or not. Mostly likely, his "homies" would call him Chino" regardless. its a CULTURAL thang...not racial.

I say this bruh because I know a latin dude who lived on the black when I lived in the 100's and guess what the homies called him? And he fit the scenario you described.

Just like if he was part "white" and mexican, they would most likely call him "Juero".

Part filipino, he's "Flip".

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back