Black People : Alicia Keys and Halle Berry taking a stance for Bi-Racial Women

Qatavia

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 10, 2006
It seems Alicia Keys and Halle Berry are taking a stance to identify and help to spread the knowledge that Bi-racials are neither Black or white, and that they are indeed 'Mixed Race'. I personally think it's about time that they are allowed to have their own identification rather than the One-drop rule which is so clearly used against bi-racials in america today. They are not black, they are bi-racial and should be allowed to say so...

Alicia commentary

Alicia Keys is still hammering away at her upcoming Halle Berry-produced film project, a flick that will find her hammering away at the keys as a biracial pianist in the 1940s. "Compositions in Black and White" is based on the book of the same name and follows the story of Philippa Schuyler. "The challenge, in order to actually be able to play classical piano as a woman of mixed race, was by far more than I could ever imagine," Keys said. "That's what intrigued me about that role." The biopic will tell the difficult tale of Schuyler's controversial career, love-hate relationship with her mother and the black community, her second career as a writer and her eventual death in a helicopter accident. "Her story is very deep, even up to the point where the relationship between her and her mother gets very strained and she chooses to go to Europe and pass as a Spanish woman in order to be able to play, in order to be able to live a more normal life," Keys said, adding that she and Berry hope to start shooting in early '08. "As of right now, we're still in the first, second draft of the script," she said. "So a little bit of time — at least a year."

LMAO

Qatavia said:
It seems Alicia Keys and Halle Berry are taking a stance to identify and help to spread the knowledge that Bi-racials are neither Black or white, and that they are indeed 'Mixed Race'. I personally think it's about time that they are allowed to have their own identification rather than the One-drop rule which is so clearly used against bi-racials in america today. They are not black, they are bi-racial and should be allowed to say so...

Alicia commentary

Alicia Keys is still hammering away at her upcoming Halle Berry-produced film project, a flick that will find her hammering away at the keys as a biracial pianist in the 1940s. "Compositions in Black and White" is based on the book of the same name and follows the story of Philippa Schuyler. "The challenge, in order to actually be able to play classical piano as a woman of mixed race, was by far more than I could ever imagine," Keys said. "That's what intrigued me about that role." The biopic will tell the difficult tale of Schuyler's controversial career, love-hate relationship with her mother and the black community, her second career as a writer and her eventual death in a helicopter accident. "Her story is very deep, even up to the point where the relationship between her and her mother gets very strained and she chooses to go to Europe and pass as a Spanish woman in order to be able to play, in order to be able to live a more normal life," Keys said, adding that she and Berry hope to start shooting in early '08. "As of right now, we're still in the first, second draft of the script," she said. "So a little bit of time — at least a year."

Just because a bunch of people get together and say 2+2=6, doesnt make it true. The one drop rule is legal precedence. It demonstrates that neither of these people or anyone else that would call themselves that are aware of their own history. The are, like it or not, BLACK!!! By law :darts:

Just because the "law" says a person is something doesn't necessarily make it true. the "law" and gov't pretty much says that all Black men are guilty until proven innocent basically we're all criminals by birth , does that make it true.

Tell me something If a Chinese person has a kid with a Mexican is that kid Chinese or Mexican?

MississippiRed

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back