Black People : Alicia Keys and Halle Berry taking a stance for Bi-Racial Women

Qatavia

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 10, 2006
It seems Alicia Keys and Halle Berry are taking a stance to identify and help to spread the knowledge that Bi-racials are neither Black or white, and that they are indeed 'Mixed Race'. I personally think it's about time that they are allowed to have their own identification rather than the One-drop rule which is so clearly used against bi-racials in america today. They are not black, they are bi-racial and should be allowed to say so...

Alicia commentary

Alicia Keys is still hammering away at her upcoming Halle Berry-produced film project, a flick that will find her hammering away at the keys as a biracial pianist in the 1940s. "Compositions in Black and White" is based on the book of the same name and follows the story of Philippa Schuyler. "The challenge, in order to actually be able to play classical piano as a woman of mixed race, was by far more than I could ever imagine," Keys said. "That's what intrigued me about that role." The biopic will tell the difficult tale of Schuyler's controversial career, love-hate relationship with her mother and the black community, her second career as a writer and her eventual death in a helicopter accident. "Her story is very deep, even up to the point where the relationship between her and her mother gets very strained and she chooses to go to Europe and pass as a Spanish woman in order to be able to play, in order to be able to live a more normal life," Keys said, adding that she and Berry hope to start shooting in early '08. "As of right now, we're still in the first, second draft of the script," she said. "So a little bit of time — at least a year."

PurpleMoons

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 22, 2003
Hi Sister Qatavia! :hi:

Would you please post the link to this article?

Thank you!:heart:

Joyce

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 23, 2001
Florida
Occupation
people
I agree, they are not black...like Tiger Woods and Obama, the mother must be recognized and not ignored whether she be white or asian or whatever.

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
LMAO

Qatavia said:
It seems Alicia Keys and Halle Berry are taking a stance to identify and help to spread the knowledge that Bi-racials are neither Black or white, and that they are indeed 'Mixed Race'. I personally think it's about time that they are allowed to have their own identification rather than the One-drop rule which is so clearly used against bi-racials in america today. They are not black, they are bi-racial and should be allowed to say so...

Alicia commentary

Alicia Keys is still hammering away at her upcoming Halle Berry-produced film project, a flick that will find her hammering away at the keys as a biracial pianist in the 1940s. "Compositions in Black and White" is based on the book of the same name and follows the story of Philippa Schuyler. "The challenge, in order to actually be able to play classical piano as a woman of mixed race, was by far more than I could ever imagine," Keys said. "That's what intrigued me about that role." The biopic will tell the difficult tale of Schuyler's controversial career, love-hate relationship with her mother and the black community, her second career as a writer and her eventual death in a helicopter accident. "Her story is very deep, even up to the point where the relationship between her and her mother gets very strained and she chooses to go to Europe and pass as a Spanish woman in order to be able to play, in order to be able to live a more normal life," Keys said, adding that she and Berry hope to start shooting in early '08. "As of right now, we're still in the first, second draft of the script," she said. "So a little bit of time — at least a year."

Just because a bunch of people get together and say 2+2=6, doesnt make it true. The one drop rule is legal precedence. It demonstrates that neither of these people or anyone else that would call themselves that are aware of their own history. The are, like it or not, BLACK!!! By law :darts:

MississippiRed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 11, 2004
Just because the "law" says a person is something doesn't necessarily make it true. the "law" and gov't pretty much says that all Black men are guilty until proven innocent basically we're all criminals by birth , does that make it true.

Tell me something If a Chinese person has a kid with a Mexican is that kid Chinese or Mexican?

MississippiRed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jamesfrmphilly Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : swizz-beatz-defends-wife-alicia-keys-against-haters-who-dislike-her-make-up-free-face Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 5
MS234 Black Entertainment : Eve ft Alicia Keys GANGSTA LOVIN' Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys On How ‘The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete’ Became Michelle Obam Black Entertainment 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Alicia Keys Ft. Maxwell- The Fire We Make Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
A Audio Video Web Conferencing : Alicia keys- "yes I was burned but I call it a lesson learned" Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : ALICIA KEYS - YOU DON´T KNOW MY NAME Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
D Black Entertainment : Alicia Keys: 'Gangsta Rap' Created to Convince Black People to Kill Each Other Black Entertainment 5
D Black Entertainment : Alicia Keys eyes October release for new CD Black Entertainment 1
R Black Entertainment : Alicia Keys gets big movie deal Black Entertainment 1
KWABENA Black Entertainment : BEYONCE OR ALICIA KEYS? Black Entertainment 15
P Black Entertainment : Alicia Keys is back!!!!!! Black Entertainment 11
P Black Poetry : Butterflies Haiku (PoeticDelight and Alicia Keys Collaboration) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : BLM's Alicia Garza Launches Census Project To Mobilize Black Political Power Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : The Honorable Queens Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza & Opal Tometi Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Alarm Clock Black People : Alicia Stanley, and Brandy Green, hidden names from the Trayvon situation Black People Open Forum 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Love Me So Naturally- Official Music Video - Alicia James Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : Alicia Myers Black Entertainment 2
soulful2006 Black Poetry : Alicia's Testimony Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
soulful2006 Black Poetry : Call me Alicia (for Rich,Queen,MzBlkAngel,Watz,1poet,and everyone whosupports me) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
A Black Poetry : Artic Alicia Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
KPITRL Black People : House Keys Keep Bending Black People Open Forum 2
Fine1952 Black People : KEYS 2 WISDOM Black People Open Forum 465
Blackbird Black People : What are the Keys? Black People Open Forum 15
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Bo-Keys - Hi Roller Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Keys of Life Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 23
cherryblossom Black Christians : The Black Keys: Spirituals Christian Study Group 11
M Black Authors : Book Review - Keys of Destiny Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
Therious Black People : ALLAN KEYS RUNNING 4 SENATE Black People Open Forum 42
K Black People : The Isis Papers - the Keys to the Colors Black People Open Forum 0
dnommo Black Poetry : I need the keys to play… Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
dnommo Black Poetry : high keys on the piano Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 18
Joyce Black Poetry : Your Keys Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
alyce Black Poetry : he's home ("Keys To The House") Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 21
Mister Aten Black Travel : Check out Halle Berry India Black Travel 0
Queenie Black Entertainment : Halle Berry-- "Kidnap" Black Entertainment 0
Kemetstry Black Relationships : Is Halle Berry Right Or Is She Whining? Black Relationships 6
skuderjaymes Audio Video Web Conferencing : Frankie and Alice - Halle Berry (Full Movie) Audio Video Web Conferencing 6
Bunmi Doyin Black Entertainment : Beyonce, Halle Berry, even Kerry Washington: Tragic Mulattoes or not??? Black Entertainment 30
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : Halle Berry Must Pay $20k in Support!!!! Black Entertainment 57
$$RICH$$ Black Entertainment : Halle Berry Fashion Black Entertainment 0
B Black Entertainment : Halle Berry, Cicely Tyson, Ruby Dee: Other Movie Actresses Black Entertainment 14
D Black Entertainment : Halle Berry Pregnant ? (Pictures) Black Entertainment 0
D Black Entertainment : bruce-willis-likes-halle-berry chest Black Entertainment 2
D Black Entertainment : new halle berry movie Tulia Black Entertainment 5
U Black Entertainment : Halle Berry's New Love Black Entertainment 15