Black People : Alcohol More Dangerous Than the Opiates

ashleysummer

Sep 14, 2015
Alcohol is the devil that ruins families, lives, plans...
I am an alcoholic. Low level drinking. But any level messes with my depression. I've given up a few times - for a few months and then slip back. Yesterday I didn't drink. Today I did.
I am working on this with my psychologist. He understands the struggles with giving up. My psychiatrist on the other hand - his attitude is 'just don't drink' - as if it was that easy.
But I still have not given up, trying to give up. BTW, here is a great article on how to quit alcoholism https://addictionresource.com/alcohol/treatment/how-to-quit-drinking/

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Ashley,
If your psychologist has an open mind ask him about micro-dosing.

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
It really irks me when Whites label Blacks with drinking problems as natural drunkards, winos and bums but when "They" admit (And they freely admit such only for sympathy) to being what they have the audacity to label us, all of a sudden it's not them but the alcoholic beverage itself that's the devils brew. The wrecker of families, the destroyer of lives, the separator of families, the ender of careers. Sorta like when they smoke, snort and inject meth, heroin and Oxy all of a sudden it's a national crises of epidemic proportions. The disgustingly pathetic and more so insulting thing is these individuals insult our intelligence by giving us advice, the very same advice that has not, does not and never will help them because they're still doing it.

What did Nancy "Mommie" Reagan say about drugs to young Blacks? Drugs, just say No.

White people are kook jobs pure and simple.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Typical solution from the 1,000 year white civilization, treat the symptom rather than the disease. You'd think they would have figured it out by now......it's not the individual.....it's the system that's diseased.
One does hope they come out of it sooner than later.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
Alcohol is the devil that ruins families, lives, plans...
I am an alcoholic. Low level drinking. But any level messes with my depression. I've given up a few times - for a few months and then slip back. Yesterday I didn't drink. Today I did.
I am working on this with my psychologist. He understands the struggles with giving up. My psychiatrist on the other hand - his attitude is 'just don't drink' - as if it was that easy.
But I still have not given up, trying to give up. BTW, here is a great article on how to quit alcoholism https://addictionresource.com/alcohol/treatment/how-to-quit-drinking/
i don't know enough to offer a solution but i do offer my sympathy.
hope you can beat it.

Countdown to our 22nd Year ...

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Happily Married and doing well❤
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
Hi Beloved! I've added Twitter and Facebook to destee.com - hoping it helps me pay closer attention to them both ... *sigh* ... we shall see ... :D ... :love:
Destee wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
MY $$RICH$$NESSSSSS!!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:
butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!