Black People Politics : Alabama Is Making It Impossible for Blacks to Get Voter IDs

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Obstruction,

Alabama Is Making It Impossible for Blacks to Get Voter IDs

The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency announced on Wednesday that it will be closing 31 offices, AL.com reports, and most of the closures are in black areas.

This is a headache for young people getting their first crack at driving, but it also makes getting a voter ID that much harder.

black-voter_.jpg

http://yourblackworld.net/2015/10/01/alabama-is-making-it-impossible-for-blacks-to-get-voter-ids/

I think it's being done to cut down on the number of voters in typically democratic counties. Also, to force potential voters to register at the Voter Registration Office or by mail. Voters need to become more vigilant.

We live in a republican area. Obvious by the candidate poster in their yards.
My spouse had lost his Voter ID card and missed a local vote. He received a letter in the mail within a two week period questioning if he still lived in the district and to re register. Which he did. He received a new card within two weeks. We are not republicans. I choose to think it's where we live.
Strange.

I was shocked to know where I lived when I saw signs for Sarah Palin and John McCain and next mitt Romney. I wanted to move. It was scary. I looked up the profile of the area and learned its 15% Black on one side and less on the other side. (Metro Atlanta is broke up like a puzzle). Any where you live in Atlanta you will see Blacks.

Good points, thanks.

I think it's being done to cut down on the number of voters in typically democratic counties. Also, to force potential voters to register at the Voter Registration Office or by mail. Voters need to become more vigilant.

We live in a republican area. Obvious by the candidate poster in their yards.
My spouse had lost his Voter ID card and missed a local vote. He received a letter in the mail within a two week period questioning if he still lived in the district and to re register. Which he did. He received a new card within two weeks. We are not republicans. I choose to think it's where we live.
Strange.

I was shocked to know where I lived when I saw signs for Sarah Palin and John McCain and next mitt Romney. I wanted to move. It was scary. I looked up the profile of the area and learned its 15% Black on one side and less on the other side. (Metro Atlanta is broke up like a puzzle). Any where you live in Atlanta you will see Blacks.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back