Law Forum : Al Sharpton's Secret Work As FBI Informant

You remember the Tawana Brawley situation? If not, look it up.
I followed the case in the media from prison out in Marion, Illinois. I concluded early on that Brawley was probably lying, to protect herself from her parents wrath for violating her curfew. Are you saying that Rev. Al should have assumed she was lying from the gate, and refused to help her? Suppose she was telling the truth? Should we or should we not give each other the benefit of the doubt, in confrontations with whites? Don't forget Rev. Sharpton was a youngster himself at the time! Since in this case Rev. Sharpton didn't do ANYTHING detrimental to Afrikan people, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. And I hate snitches! I had three testify against me in federal court!!!

I have no ill feelings toward Al Sharpton. I don't wish anything bad to happen to him. I just wish he would sit down and shut up if he doesn't know what he is talking about. He thinks he's helping but he isn't. He lies and everything else. I just don't like the guy. Plain and simple and I do not need to justify that to you or anyone else!
So you think you can just go around defaming, and assassinating characters unchallenged? There are laws against that, it's called "slander and defamation of character". And yes it does require justification, and an opinion is not usually justification, but facts are! I was just saying. Smile Now "He lies"! What did he lie about?

I followed the case in the media from prison out in Marion, Illinois. I concluded early on that Brawley was probably lying, to protect herself from her parents wrath for violating her curfew. Are you saying that Rev. Al should have assumed she was lying from the gate, and refused to help her? Suppose she was telling the truth? Should we or should we not give each other the benefit of the doubt, in confrontations with whites? Don't forget Rev. Sharpton was a youngster himself at the time! Since in this case Rev. Sharpton didn't do ANYTHING detrimental to Afrikan people, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. And I hate snitches! I had three testify against me in federal court!!!
even after it was shown that she was lying, he still kept on talking and wouldn't shut up.

So you think you can just go around defaming, and assassinating characters unchallenged? There are laws against that, it's called "slander and defamation of character". And yes it does require justification, and an opinion is not usually justification, but facts are! I was just saying. Smile Now "He lies"! What did he lie about?
he's considered as a politician and last time i checked, they all lie.

even after it was shown that she was lying, he still kept on talking and wouldn't shut up.
What should he have done? Dropped Brawley like a hot potato? Remember she was only 15 at the time. Suppose it was you? Have you ever lied to your parents after staying out past your curfew? And you still haven't answered the question whether Rev. Sharpton was wrong for "informing" on the Mafia.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back