Law Forum : Al Sharpton's Secret Work As FBI Informant

I think someone at Smoking Gun "put this out there." All these innuendos, all this talk of the FBI and the Mafia, NONE of which is substantiated! Just a lot of talk, but no names of ANYONE other than their "quarry," Al Sharpton. I am soooo in agreement with you - it's an attempt divide and conquer. Knowing black folks' propensity for "conspiracy theories" and mudslinging on other, more "successful" blacks, they simply threw some dirty wood chips into the fire.

And I'm not exaggerating. When we have people on THIS forum slandering and libeling Dr. King with impunity, calling him a "sexual degenerate," a COMMUNIST, wasn't a "real" black leader rather a puppet of whites in Moscow, as well as Rosa Parks, Dr. Clark and Septima Clark... and since whites can read as well as blacks... this kind of no-name (made up?) allegations of prominent blacks will always be thrown into the credulous ears of the black community. They're simply a continuation of the (hmmmm) FBI's COINTELPRO.

Will someone show me in the article where Sharpton says he "joined" arms with the FBI? I know the trick of taking ones words out of context, but I saw NOWHERE that he agreed with the author of this piece that he was an FBI informant! But to read the above, you'd think he agreed, wouldn't you?

Okay, this is a loooong article, so maybe I missed where Smoking Gun outlined what "criminal charges" Sharpton was facing? Also.... and the only reason I even opened this thread was after reading Destee's thread questioning if blacks are in the Mafia in the first place!.... why would Mafiosi discuss "murder, extortion and loan sharking" with Sharpton? Or, as Michael Corleone said in Godfather II, discuss murder, etc., with one of "the dark people?" Anyone who knows anything about the Mafia KNOWS they're not an equal opportunity employer. :rolleyes:

First, what "rehabilitation???" Has Sharpton changed? What's he doing or saying since Obama was elected that's different from before? :10500:

Secondly, where's the PROOF of any murder, extortions, loan-sharking and informant done by Sharpton? Names, dates, people murdered, names of the murderers.... :rolleyes: Nobody's scared of Sharpton, so some black person would have come forward by now with hand on hip and finger pointing!

These are people in the know. Why don't they tell on him? It was people like these who brought down President Nixon during Watergate. Why is Sharpton untouchable? :rolleyes:

^^Might this be the reason?
[/quote][/QUOTE]

lol Sister ... you make some good points ... and i would love for this to all not be true ... but i do believe Sharpton has admitted to working with the police to nab mafia people ... i read in an article where he said he had to deal with the mafia because they were so involved in the music industry ... that's how he came to know them, be around them, and be in a position to record them ... i think he admitted to recording them for the fbi ... don't quote me on nunna this .. i've been reading a few of his articles of late ... and he does admit to recording his conversations with the mafia for the fbi ... but he does not refer to it as snitching ... he said they had threatened him ... so he went to the police to report it ... and the recordings were for the police to hear the mafia threatening him again ... or something along those lines.

i agree too that his ties to obama, his harsh criticisms of the republican party ... have probably fed into some of this

the smoking gun article does cite some fbi agents, speaking regarding sharpton's cooperation, lending it credibility

iono ... i guess since he's not locked up ... he must not have done anything wrong legally

and since he's still alive ... maybe he's not the snitch they are trying to make him out to be

or ... maybe ... snitches don't get stitches like they say on tv ... :tv1:

i don't know ...

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

According to Sharpton, this is old news, and was brought out in his first book, in 1996.

Al Sharpton says report of FBI cooperation not new

NEW YORK (AP) — The Rev. Al Sharpton admitted on Tuesday that he helped the FBI investigate New York Mafia figures in the 1980s, but he called it old news and insisted he was more a victim than an informant.

Sharpton sought to downplay a report by The Smoking Gun website identifying him as a confidential informant — cited in court papers only as "CI-7" — who helped bring down a mob boss.

suggested reading and video viewing:
http://news.yahoo.com/al-sharpton-says-report-fbi-cooperation-not-144742333.html

lol Sister ... you make some good points ... and i would love for this to all not be true ... but i do believe Sharpton has admitted to working with the police to nab mafia people ... i read in an article where he said he had to deal with the mafia because they were so involved in the music industry ... that's how he came to know them, be around them, and be in a position to record them ... i think he admitted to recording them for the fbi ... don't quote me on nunna this .. i've been reading a few of his articles of late ... and he does admit to recording his conversations with the mafia for the fbi ... but he does not refer to it as snitching ... he said they had threatened him ... so he went to the police to report it ... and the recordings were for the police to hear the mafia threatening him again ... or something along those lines.
Now THIS I can get behind (although I'm not going to quote you on it! :lol: ). Everything you wrote sounds "logical" and makes good sense! I mean, if someone bigger than you is threatening you, hayle to the yeah! you look to someone even bigger to protect you! I think I read somewhere that he was going after the music industry on behalf of some rappers, whateva, so yea, I agree with you, MY, er, uh, unquotable "source." ;)

i agree too that his ties to obama, his harsh criticisms of the republican party ... have probably fed into some of this
:toast:

the smoking gun article does cite some fbi agents, speaking regarding sharpton's cooperation, lending it credibility
Like I said, it's a loooong article, and I haven't finished reading it..... critically. Plus, I was just checking out those "documents" on the side of the article - which turn out to be mere "wallpaper." I read them and saw not one mention of Sharpton's name. Saw the names of government agents, but not Sharpton's.

At any rate, I'll continue scrutinizing the article for the :bs: factor.
iono ... i guess since he's not locked up ... he must not have done anything wrong legally

and since he's still alive ... maybe he's not the snitch they are trying to make him out to be

or ... maybe ... snitches don't get stitches like they say on tv ... :tv1:

As Joe Vallaci would say: ONLY if they don't go into the Witness Protection program. And since you can see Sharpton nearly every day on television WITHOUT stitches..... :)

Again, I don't know Sharpton that well. Although a national figure, he's mostly New York and not living there, I don't have a "fast" opinion of him. But I do know the media, and I know how blacks that displease the white PTB are treated by the media. As such, I'm more inclined to NOT believe anything they say (about blacks in the news) until they come up with PROOF positive.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back