Black Entertainment : Akon: "So what if I own a diamond mine?"

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by ShemsiEnTehuti, May 10, 2007.

1. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    Did you know the music artist, Akon, owned a diamond mine in South Africa?

To quote him, he said the following:

"I don't even believe in conflict diamonds. That's just a movie. Think about it. Ain't nobody thought about nothing about no conflict diamonds until the movie came out."
    reference: http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/features/article2272672.ece

How do you see Akon's character as an African? Do you see him in any different light after this?

2. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    We can only hope this business choice is a genuine act to get other Black Business Men and Women educated about diamond mines, and weed out the White businesses that run them.

He says that nobody knew anything about conflict diamonds until the movie came out. That is such an ignorant statement that I'm starting to believe a White businessman whispered in his ear that he should buy a diamond mine. This is usually the case with most Blacks with money unfortunately.

Just because you front the money for a venture doesn't mean you own it. If you run it, control it, distribute it, produce it - you own it. Akon does not have the power to run the diamond instrustry. That's like 50 Cent with Vitimin Water. They use these Artists like chess pieces.

3. Tantrum

Tantrum Well-Known Member MEMBER

Pos Technical Support
    Ratings:
    +12
    Still the same to me whats the difference from killing for diamonds or killing for drugs. None!!

4. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    interesting

I was thinking about starting a campaign against them. The said truth about it all is that i am learning that we must defeat the devil within us all before we can attack the devil that is external. The brothers and sisters whom are posioned with the deseae of materalism may never see the light of truth.

5. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

"The siad truth about it all is that i am learning that we must defeat the devil within us all before we can attack the devil is external."

We should know these things by now.

Metaphorically speaking, this is the ritual of killing the BLACK "pig" in honor of Horus.

These "set-PIGS" are our own worst enemies.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does akon own a diamond mine

2. which diamond mine does akon own