Black Spirituality Religion : akan architecture symbols

Sekhemu

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 9, 2003
new jersey
Occupation
priest
Akan architecture is not only elaborate even in terms of function and building technology. It also presents, as a reflection of the people and their spirit of independence, a variety of forms and design principles that encode expressive messages which continue to astonish foreign observers. Various symbols are used as base relief or plinths, banisters, and walls in Akan archiculture.

The Fihankra (compound house) style of building consist of a central quadrangle which is enclosed on all four sides with rooms. Hhhhmmmmm!

Its in the stone!

www.marshall.edu/akanart/akanadansie.html

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Chocolate Trill Thunder!

Akan architecture is not only elaborate even in terms of function and building technology. It also presents, as a reflection of the people and their spirit of independence, a variety of forms and design principles that encode expressive messages which continue to astonish foreign observers. Various symbols are used as base relief or plinths, banisters, and walls in Akan archiculture.

The Fihankra (compound house) style of building consist of a central quadrangle which is enclosed on all four sides with rooms. Hhhhmmmmm!

Its in the stone!

www.marshall.edu/akanart/akanadansie.html

Thanks Sekhemu, my favorite is: OSIADAN NYAME - GOD THE BUILDER

I love the symbols...

obaa.gif

I especially am drawn to the symbol that acknowledges -- a nation is born with a girl is born and an individeual is born when a boy is born. This proud Afrikan culture continues to carry its "original" KMT-ic wisdom intact. Even the fact that this is their distinct form of 'glyph' is commendable!!

Makes sense to me.:court:

Ase':qqb015:

Yep

...it certainly appears that the truth is coming to light. And rather than just briefly sifting thru any work I dive deep:whip:

I don't hate males. I have two fine-***** sons. I just resent the anglican male infused mindset that spirituality is a masculine creation.:whip:

Ase:qqb015:

it figures...:court:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back